Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Playback on K200D

Not sure if I can describe this properly:
When viewing my images in the playback mode, the image appears normal for about a portion of a second, then it goes into what looks like an over-sharpened, over-contrasted look. It's kind of annoying because it doesn't look right.
It's NOT the "Bright/Dark" area in the playback display.
I've only had the camera a month, so if it's a Menu selection, I haven't figured it out yet.
Any suggestions?

08-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Hi there, I think I know what this is.
If you are looking at a JPG pictures there is a short lag after a "preview" image is shown on the screen before the full settings (including sharpness etc) are applied and refreshed on the camera screen.

The reason it looks poor in playback is that the sharp edges of the photo can't be adequately shown in the small LCD screen. By that I mean that the edges will look blocky. Once zoomed up onto a computer screen they will (presumably - I hope this is the case) look fine.

As for the contrast - you can effect changes to the brightness of the screen by adjusting the brightness in the set up menu, which is really handy on a bright day.

Hope this helps!
08-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Clarkey.
I'll see what happens when I fiddle with the menu settings. Although the image isn't 'blocky' as you say, but more overly-sharp, it might help once I adjust a few things.
Thankfully, the images are fine once viewed on my computer screen.
08-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #4

This is due to the custom image settings. Fn -> OK -> change to suite.