Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #76
Pentaxian

I'd rather they take their time and offer a product worth waiting for. Case in point- the K-1. As I said, if the K-30 was my only camera, which is a nice one, I'd upgrade to a KP, keep my K-30 for backup, and call it a day. A happy day.

As for a K-3 III, I am still happy with my "antiquated" K-5 IIs, especially when needing the extra-fast on-body control set. Even with my KP and its superb imaging performance, I find the K-5 IIs still delivers excellence under most conditions. That said, even though the KP does not have the top LCD, has a smaller battery with shorter-lasting charge, and less dedicated on-body controls, I find myself choosing to use it more often than the K-5 IIs which has the advantage in these areas.

Between these two camera bodies, I am so gratified in the results I get, I am not into waiting to see what is over the next hill to the point of anxiety. The K-5 IIs will fill the bill for most any need, but if I will face extraordinary conditions requiring a very high ISO, somewhat better AF, a tilting LCD, or better SR, it will be the KP for sure. The two make a very good pair. Either can serve as backup or alternative to the other. It would take quite a big advancement that would be truly useful to me for me to go for a K-3III to replace my K-5IIs.

I will find it interesting, however, to see what will come after the K-1. I want to find out before I jump on the FF wagon, mainly to use some fine FF lenses I have. Otherwise, I would not bother.