Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by solitudebound Quote
Nikon D500 (...) it's useless for landscapes and even group photos are rarely that good.
How so?

10-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #62

Perhaps Pentax will come up with an active AF for the mark 3 for both mirror and LV. Looks like they patented a new type of sensor tilt depth focus today.

Last edited by solitudebound; 10-24-2017 at 04:38 PM.
10-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by solitudebound Quote
Perhaps Pentax will come up with an active AF for the mark 3 for both mirror and LV. Looks like they patented a new type of sensor tilt depth focus today.

Camera design takes 3-5 years fo be finished. If they patented something today, do not expect it to be present in next camera..
11-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
Camera design takes 3-5 years fo be finished. If they patented something today, do not expect it to be present in next camera..
A patent take a few years to be approved (3-5 years too) and for the first steps, the information is not disclosed. On top of that, even if you can't patent something already publicly available even if you invented it, you can perfectly patent something you have been working on for quite some time too.

It is not uncommon to have a product to be released and the patent still not granted.

11-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bromberger Quote
How so?
+1, I don't get this D500 can't do landscape or group photo... Any camera can do that for me.
12-06-2017, 05:22 PM   #66

So guys.. anything new about some proper APS-C camera? (AKA K3/K3II successor)?
12-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the k-3 but I am hoping to see the next version of k-3 II to include the AF module similar to the k-1. I was in Japan in the last couple of months, but no one seem to know when (if) the sequel of k-3 II will be released/available. In the mean time, I am good with my k-3 and the k-1.

12-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
So guys.. anything new about some proper APS-C camera? (AKA K3/K3II successor)?
I've been looking all over the interwebs & no sign of anything. Including Japanese sites.

A lot of people are expecting it to be released next year. Some think that it might be released around the time of the Pentax DA* 11-18mm f/2.8 release, but you never know with Ricoh/Pentax. I guess we'll see what happens then.
12-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I've been looking all over the interwebs & no sign of anything. Including Japanese sites.

A lot of people are expecting it to be released next year. Some think that it might be released around the time of the Pentax DA* 11-18mm f/2.8 release, but you never know with Ricoh/Pentax. I guess we'll see what happens then.
CP+ starts March 1st...
12-07-2017, 05:45 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My future with Pentax is hanging by a thread. I am saving up, but if the K3 successor does not come or is not at least announced at Photokina the latest, then I will make the switch to Nikon. If a very good body is announced however, I will stick with my DA560 and the new Pentax Apsc for a few years longer. September at the latest I will now....

Chris
12-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
My future with Pentax is hanging by a thread. I am saving up, but if the K3 successor does not come or is not at least announced at Photokina the latest, then I will make the switch to Nikon. If a very good body is announced however, I will stick with my DA560 and the new Pentax Apsc for a few years longer. September at the latest I will now....

Chris
I'm on the same page. If nothing comes out before November of 2018 or if they release an APS-C flagship with AF performance that is still years behind the competition, I'll be moving on. More than likely I'll be joining the m43 camp. Although I prefer Panasonic bodies, there's a bigger possibility that I'll end up with an Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark II body if I end up joining the m43 movement. I'd be able to borrow my dad's PRO lenses.
12-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #72
Pentaxian

My K-3 and K-1 keep me quite busy. There's no "waiting" around my house. When the new APS_c flagship comes out I'll give it a look but there's no guarantee I'll buy. What I have doesn't let me down very often.

K-3 images from the last week....

AF problem? What AF problem? Any "problems i had with these and most of my images are not related to Pentax AF.

I simply don't understand why people wait if they really need better AF. It's simple matter of buying camera for the AF you need. The odds of Pentax matching what Canon and Nikon have to offer is so remote as to non-existent. And there are good AF bodies for relatively cheap these days, OK, not cheap compared to a K-70, but good AF doesn't comer cheap, from any manufacturer.

Last edited by normhead; 12-07-2017 at 09:39 AM.
12-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #73
Pentaxian

I am not counting on CP+ b.t.w. I cannot imagine a camera being announced that 3 months prior nobody, even in Japan, has heard the slightest rumor about. In these days of the internet that would surprise me more than a bit.
But Photokina is possible. It ends at 30th of september. I'll use my K3 until then, and put it for sale on 1st oct.
I am for now, totally I mean totally in the dark on whetther I will be shooting a Nikon D500 or a Pentax .... from then on.....
It's ok. either way I guess..

Chris
12-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
I am not counting on CP+ b.t.w. I cannot imagine a camera being announced that 3 months prior nobody, even in Japan, has heard the slightest rumor about. In these days of the internet that would surprise me more than a bit.
But Photokina is possible. It ends at 30th of september. I'll use my K3 until then, and put it for sale on 1st oct.
I am for now, totally I mean totally in the dark on whetther I will be shooting a Nikon D500 or a Pentax .... from then on.....
It's ok. either way I guess..

Chris
What are you shooting? I can't find any images.
12-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What are you shooting? I can't find any images.
Hi Norm, mostly birds, as you would expect. My main area of interest are the Frisian isles that I visit for a week a few times a year. Many migrating birds on the route from Siberia and Iceland to Africa stop there and feed to strengthen themselves. But there are also other areas. I made a small album of four (4!) images, that's when I exceeded my upload limit...
Chris