Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Samsung GX-10 vs. K10D?

Are there any glaring differences between the Samsung GX-10 and the Pentax K10D (besides the menus)? I've been thinking about getting a K10D but see that I can get the GX-10 for a little bit less.

Any GX-10 users that can comment on the body?

Thanks!

Todd

08-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #2

Have them both, pretty much the same camera in different names.

The menus are only different in layout and colour,but you get exactly the same settings. Samsung's is done better in my opinion.

Pentax can record in PEF raw format in addition to DNG raw format(Samsung only records in DNG),which doesn't make a whole lot of difference in real world,most raw softwares can convert both,produce the same results.

All pentax original or third party accessories are compatible with GX-10,bar the Battery Grip due to a tiny tiny body(2mm-3mm) design difference. But you can get the Samsung Grip for roughly the same price.

With Pentax K10D,you can use Pentax updated Remote Assistant software,which means can connect you camera to your computer and shoot live.(I never used it!)

Last but by all means not least,The two cameras produce slightly different colours indoors in low lighting under the same settings. Never really compared them outdoors.

These are all the differences that i can tell you. With GX-10's firmware updated,there is no problem using new Pentax DA Star lenses either.

All in all, The two cameras are like twins wearing different shoes and clothes!