Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The issue I have with such speculation is people read it, take it as truth, then get disappointed when it doesn't quite happen in the manner they envisioned.
+1. Well said.

11-01-2017, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

Something is going on already. Dont know what (even if I knew, I couldn't say) :P
11-01-2017, 12:03 PM   #33
Pentaxian

^ Bery gud.
11-01-2017, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Something is going on already. Dont know what (even if I knew, I couldn't say) :P
I know what is it and I can name it.
D645zii with 100mps sensor. It is logical since Fuji released its MF system .but I can assume that the k3ii successor will come sooner not later after the announcement of da*11-18.
It is big lens and will not match the kp size and outdated k3ii.

11-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All the news that's fit to post...

QuoteOriginally posted by tmcarlton Quote
Is there any news?
YES!

Pentax is doomed...DOOMED!!!™

You know...I KNOW you know...and YOU KNOW that I know that you know, you know? Why are you pretending NOT to know?

Cheers,
Cameron
11-01-2017, 12:19 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
You know...I KNOW you know...and YOU KNOW that I know that you know, you know? Why are you pretending NOT to know?

11-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

November announcement for April release?

11-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #38
Urs
Pentaxian

X mas cash back offer
PENTAX CHRISTMAS CASHBACK OFFERS 2017 - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

Last edited by Urs; 11-04-2017 at 01:00 PM.
11-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
a "K3iii" with just the change of the sensor for the KP one would be a big step in iso quality
It would be logical to see Ricoh re-use the K-P 'Accelerator Unit' chip and other Prime 4 technology in other new bodies like a K-3 III (or 645Z II), since it seems to work very well.

The KP technology seems to elevate the KP into full-frame territory in, for example, high-ISO noise performance, as DPreview noted in their KP review and IQ tests:

QuoteQuote:
Noise on the KP is incredibly low for an APS-C camera ... [the KP] punches above its sensor size and price bracket, showing a similar performance to a D750, outperforming the X-T2 by nearly a stop, and coming close to the a7R II.
11-01-2017, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The issue I have with such speculation is people read it, take it as truth, then get disappointed when it doesn't quite happen in the manner they envisioned.
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
YES!

Pentax is doomed...DOOMED!!!™

Cheers,
Cameron
Hey Mee can you believe this guy now everyone going to think Pentax is doomed.

And how dare you Kenspo try to spread a little bit of positive thinking.

Mee can you keep these people in line please.
11-02-2017, 12:03 AM - 4 Likes   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
And how dare you Kenspo try to spread a little bit of positive thinking.
I had a weak moment. Wont happen again! Stay doomed!!!

11-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

However there is a tendency, while waiting, to really work the feature set of a product to a level that exceeds what is deliverable.
Too true - it's almost impossible for camera companies to compete with the vapourware of their users' imaginations, and most cameras are initially a little disappointing - but when people start using them, this usually changes - either the disappointment evaporates, or, when companies over-hye the pluses and keep quiet about the shortcomings, a disappointment grows. I don't think that Ricoh can be accused of over-hyping, so normally the reputation of Pentax cameras grows after a small disappointment dip when specs are released.

---------- Post added 02-11-17 at 12:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I don't know what the problem has been. I have heard that companies like Canon and Nikon have patents that have made it difficult, but I don't know if that is true. I do know that just 5 years ago both Sony and Fuji had pittiful AF systems, but in that very short period of time they have passed Ricoh in AF. Have you played wiht the AF of a Sony A9 or even the Olympus OMD-EMII? Both are much faster than anything Ricoh has produced.
I've always suspected that the slow progress in AF, apart from lack of funding investment, has something to do with backward lens compatability - if you're reliant on a lot of older lenses which will never ficus very fast, then throwing money at AF in the camera is not a good investment. I could be wildly wrong on this, but I suspect that the user base has partly been guilty of wanting to have its cake and eat it too - but I'm not an engineer, and I have no inside track, so, in the end, it's just an opinion.
11-02-2017, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

I'll leave everything to Ricoh. Only they know what's coming. Ricoh, when you bring out this camera, please SHOCK ME! SHOCK ME HARD!
11-02-2017, 03:01 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
Just for now, a "K3iii" with just the change of the sensor for the KP one would be a big step in iso quality, and probably just global image quality too.
Looking at the KP RAW files it looks like Ricoh is simply apply noise reduction to the RAW files, which they have done in the past. You can process K-3/K-3II RAW files and get very similar results to the KP. Its not a big step up. If you shoot JPEGs mostly then the KP is a step up with better processing, but I would guess that most of the people buying the K-3 replacement wont be using it to mostly shoot JPEGs.
11-02-2017, 03:21 AM   #45
Pentaxian

The iso raw quality of the KP seems to be about 1.5 step better than a K3ii :
Pentax KP Review: Digital Photography Review