Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #136
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 376
If you read his blog at all you'll understand

He basically resummarizes other people's real test and work and then just puts in his own skew of things. Of course he doesn't even have 1 test of any of the cameras he's talked about + probably haven't even touched some systems other than in the store.

anyways... no surprise.

10-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #137
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
  • Best in backward compatibility with past and current lens
  • Best in primes with pancakes and prime lens lineup
  • Minimalist approach in DA* zooms
  • Best in in-body SR -- the best thing we are all proud up
not to toot the horn too much
-best backward compatibility, in terms of mounting lenses going back 50 years ... nikon is better in that the d300 and up bodies will can use Av on older lenses (AI and on).
-best group of primes between 30mm and 50mm. definitely NOT the best prime lens line up overall, canon easily takes the cake on that
-what is minimalist about the DA* zooms?
-i think from reviews it appears Pentax SR is the weakest amongst Sony and Olympus
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #138
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
He basically resummarizes other people's real test and work and then just puts in his own skew of things. Of course he doesn't even have 1 test of any of the cameras he's talked about + probably haven't even touched some systems other than in the store.
it's his own blog about his experience in photography and what he wants to buy. i don't believe he is offering conclusive test evidence or anything, he just wants our opinion.
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #139
Pentaxian
hinman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,427
QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
If you read his blog at all you'll understand

He basically resummarizes other people's real test and work and then just puts in his own skew of things. Of course he doesn't even have 1 test of any of the cameras he's talked about + probably haven't even touched some systems other than in the store.

anyways... no surprise.
Hi Okami, are you referring to my blog or that of RiceHigh, I get offended by your statements. I test every lens that I used. Regarding D90, I stated in my blog that I will test the copy owned by my co-worker. Opinion expressed is all subjective judgment and I hope you can clarify your statement.

Hin

01-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #140
Veteran Member
farfisa's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,274
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Hi Okami, are you referring to my blog or that of RiceHigh, I get offended by your statements. I test every lens that I used. Regarding D90, I stated in my blog that I will test the copy owned by my co-worker. Opinion expressed is all subjective judgment and I hope you can clarify your statement.

Hin
Hin--I'm pretty sure, following the responses on this thread, that Okami was referring to RiceHigh and his "there is no text" response that other people were commenting on.

I find your posts and blog to be very thoughtful, informative, and valuable and I know I'm not alone.

Woah, just checked the date on this thread--how did I get here? :P

Last edited by farfisa; 01-30-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: how did I get here?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, canon, dslr, features, k20d, pentax, people, photography, quality
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon 50D to Pentax K20D convert. Bionetta Welcomes and Introductions 4 06-10-2010 12:56 PM
Pentax K20D, K-7 and Canon 50D high ISO compared emr Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 07-09-2009 07:44 AM
DA 35ltd Macro (K20D) vs. Nikon 35 1.8 G (d90) jsherman999 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 43 04-17-2009 05:32 AM
How close is the K20D to the Canon 50D? monkeybear Pentax DSLR Discussion 37 03-23-2009 12:41 PM
Canon 50D copies & improves on Pentax jms698 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 48 09-01-2008 08:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top