Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #136
Veteran Member

If you read his blog at all you'll understand

He basically resummarizes other people's real test and work and then just puts in his own skew of things. Of course he doesn't even have 1 test of any of the cameras he's talked about + probably haven't even touched some systems other than in the store.

anyways... no surprise.

10-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
  • Best in backward compatibility with past and current lens
  • Best in primes with pancakes and prime lens lineup
  • Minimalist approach in DA* zooms
  • Best in in-body SR -- the best thing we are all proud up
not to toot the horn too much
-best backward compatibility, in terms of mounting lenses going back 50 years ... nikon is better in that the d300 and up bodies will can use Av on older lenses (AI and on).
-best group of primes between 30mm and 50mm. definitely NOT the best prime lens line up overall, canon easily takes the cake on that
-what is minimalist about the DA* zooms?
-i think from reviews it appears Pentax SR is the weakest amongst Sony and Olympus
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
He basically resummarizes other people's real test and work and then just puts in his own skew of things. Of course he doesn't even have 1 test of any of the cameras he's talked about + probably haven't even touched some systems other than in the store.
it's his own blog about his experience in photography and what he wants to buy. i don't believe he is offering conclusive test evidence or anything, he just wants our opinion.
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #139
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
If you read his blog at all you'll understand

anyways... no surprise.
Hi Okami, are you referring to my blog or that of RiceHigh, I get offended by your statements. I test every lens that I used. Regarding D90, I stated in my blog that I will test the copy owned by my co-worker. Opinion expressed is all subjective judgment and I hope you can clarify your statement.

Hin

01-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Hi Okami, are you referring to my blog or that of RiceHigh, I get offended by your statements. I test every lens that I used. Regarding D90, I stated in my blog that I will test the copy owned by my co-worker. Opinion expressed is all subjective judgment and I hope you can clarify your statement.

Hin
Hin--I'm pretty sure, following the responses on this thread, that Okami was referring to RiceHigh and his "there is no text" response that other people were commenting on.

I find your posts and blog to be very thoughtful, informative, and valuable and I know I'm not alone.

Woah, just checked the date on this thread--how did I get here? :P

Last edited by farfisa; 01-30-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: how did I get here?