Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
k10d & k28/3.5 1st kit.. OK?

hi Pentax community!

im still awaiting for my (first dslr) k10d to arrive and will be picking up the k28/3.5 this weekend.

i am told its possible to use this lens but looking in the manual section "Functions Available with Various Lens Combinations" it is not clear to me which mount descriptive the K28/3.5 belongs to.

it does not show K mount. only DA / D FA / FA J lens with bracket [KAF / KAF2] & F lens [KAF] & A lens [KA].

can somebody please be kind enough to tell me where the K28/3.5 belongs.

can i use it in AV mode? or the new hyper AV mode where the ISO will be given first priority as to get the cleanest image at all times possible.
do i get antishake too?

thanks
omer.

02-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Omer,

First off, I'll be moving this thread since it doesn't belong in the FAQ section.

I use lots of K-series lenses on my K10D, and they're doable. They're somewhat a pain for action photos, but you should manage.

You'll have to be in M mode (unless the lens has a manual diaphragm), and be sure to set "allow aperture ring away from A" to yes in the menu. Focus manually, press the green button to meter, and shoot.

If you need more details, just search the forum- I've posted several detailed threads on the matter.

I hope you'll be enjoying your new K10!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi omer,
As adam said you'll need to use manual mode and some (like me) have some metering error (overexposure) when using the stop-down metering on the manual aperture lenses. I set the front wheel for shutter speed and check exposure with the green button then pull the wheel over (faster) a couplethree clicks and it's usually pretty close, of course you might not have this with yours.
tom b.