Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #1

Problem with Pentax k10d not saving settings.

Hey there Everyone!

First of all, I am new to the whole pentax market but so far I am so impressed!!

I am having a little issue with a pentax k10d I picked up refurbished. I turn the camera on, without removing the battery and everything is back to default settings, such as.. set to jpeg and not RAW like I had it and everything is set to auto.. So thats all cool and stuff because I turned it off so I am like ok well i'll just leave it on... but!! If I leave it on for more than 5 minutes and than try to take a picture, the camera is back to the default settings again, just gets anoying as I only shoot in RAW and I use manual WB settings and I don't like to tell the model, oh hold the pose I gotta change something lol..

Any help is appreciated.

08-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't have my K10D on me, but I recall there's a setting in the MENU somewhere that tells the K10D what settings to remember when it turns off. I'd look there.
08-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You might try the menu option to reset everything to default. Other than that I'd say have the camera checked out.

My K1x0Ds forget almost nothing between shots. The only item I notice they lose between sessions is 2 second mirror up timer. I'm sure there are others, but none I use often.

It was such a relief compared to a Nikon Coolpix I used that forgot timer and focus mode between every shot and took four button presses to get back each frame!

Sometimes I use the camera in an unusual state such as astrophotos and FORGET to change back when doing daytime shots. Only then do I wish it would forget the past settings.
08-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

First buy a new battery, then try updating the firmware. Even if you have the latest version, go ahead and overwrite the 1.30 firmware with the 1.30 firmware. If these two actions don't solve your issue, then you'll probably have to send it in.

Thank you
Russell