Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2018, 02:21 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
I had several film bodies from several brands, including an SP-F. I find digital bodies better in every way except for the viewfinder, which I can't use for manual focusing - but I only have APS, not full frame digital. There was a mechanical appeal to older bodies that new cameras can't or don't seem to replicate, but in terms of functionality, newer is vastly better, and virtually nobody would sacrifice the functionality for mechanical appeal. The older bodies didn't have the number of input devices necessary for digital.
I disagree. I love digital because obvious reason, but nothing has ever felt better in my hands than my ME Super.

02-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vicioustuna2012 Quote
I disagree. I love digital because obvious reason, but nothing has ever felt better in my hands than my ME Super.
You don't really disagree, because as I pointed out the feel of classic mostly-mechanical bodies was better - and not just Pentax. But the functionality - fast and accurate shutter speeds, amazing metering range and flexibility, etc. etc. is just so much better now.
02-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
You don't really disagree, because as I pointed out the feel of classic mostly-mechanical bodies was better - and not just Pentax. But the functionality - fast and accurate shutter speeds, amazing metering range and flexibility, etc. etc. is just so much better now.
Oh, my bad I must have misinterpreted what you said. Yes, then we agree. I wish someone would make a newer DSLR that has the looks and styling/feel of an old Film SLR. Maybe even an exact replica (or as close as they can get and still fit everything) with all modern features and a digital sensor. I know there's not a huge market, so it'll probably never happen though.
02-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #34
Pentaxian

I used to hope that there would be a 6 X 6 digital back for my Mamiya 220 Pro F Twin Lens Reflex. I've got a 65mm wide angle, an 80 normal and a 180 super telephoto. Nope, never has come about. Chances of it coming out...slim and none....and I think slim is non existent.