Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Using M42 lenses on K10D

Hi all,
having a glorious Spotmatic F, I was excited by the possibility to use old SuperTakumar lenses onto the new K10D, so I bought the original ring adapter.
Now I'm facing this problem: some of the lenses (e.g. the 55mm f1.8 and the 28mm f 3.5) fit well onto the K10D.
Other lenses (like the 24mm f 3.5 and 50mm f 1.4) do not; when they are completely screwed, the lens is upside down, e.g. the numbers showing distances and diaphragms are below !

What is the problem ?

Thank you......

08-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Matamanoa,
Do you have the same problem with the Spotmatic? It has to be a difference in thread alignmrnt of the lenses. These alignments are important with spotmatic, because the auto diaphram pin must contact the actuator plate in the camera body. The width of the plate shows that some misalignment is possible. It isn't a big deal with the K10D, since you will be using it in manual. I think that you are going to love the 24mm on the K10D. I sure do. It give a 62 degree angle of view and great depth of field for everyday use.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Matamanoa Quote
Hi all,
having a glorious Spotmatic F, I was excited by the possibility to use old SuperTakumar lenses onto the new K10D, so I bought the original ring adapter.
Now I'm facing this problem: some of the lenses (e.g. the 55mm f1.8 and the 28mm f 3.5) fit well onto the K10D.
Other lenses (like the 24mm f 3.5 and 50mm f 1.4) do not; when they are completely screwed, the lens is upside down, e.g. the numbers showing distances and diaphragms are below !

What is the problem ?

Thank you......
08-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I only had this problem with an adapter made (or distributed) by Kood. With the original Pentax adapter I never had such a problem on a variety of lenses. Another adapter that worked exactly like the original Pentax one was/is the one sold under the Hama brand. I have the strong suspicion, it is from the same production line as the Pentax one, because they are very similar apart from the brand name.

Ben
11-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Today I got a problem with the original pentax adapter.
Was using on a lunch time with a paragon 500mm f8 on k200d, and when tried to unscrew not only the lens (lens got stuck with adapter as it seems) but also the adapter got out from camera.
Now when I tried to use the adapter it just doesn't lock on the camera. Seems it work like I add removed the lock pin / spring clip from the adapter.
Any ideas ?
(Have to see how I will unscrew the adapter from the lens...)

Last edited by netuser; 11-19-2008 at 08:50 AM.
11-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Was using on a lunch time with a paragon 500mm f8 on k200d, and when tried to unscrew not only the lens (lens got stuck with adapter as it seems) but also the adapter got out from camera.
Now when I tried to use the adapter it just doesn't lock on the camera. Seems it work like I add removed the lock pin / spring clip from the adapter.
Any ideas ?
I don't have any suggestions except that you might want to start a new thread for this issue so that it gets more attention from people who may be able to help.

Steve
11-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I don't have any suggestions except that you might want to start a new thread for this issue so that it gets more attention from people who may be able to help.

Steve
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-accessories/42168-help-need...tml#post398041

Done, thanks
11-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

It appears that the spring latch on the adapter is bent. This would keep it from latching with the camera bayonet.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Any ideas ?