Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2008, 06:20 AM   #1

Photo Saving and Transferring from K20D

Is the a way to view and transfer all the pics from the card without having to deal with the seperate folders the camera created. When downloading multiple days worth of shooting I find it very tedious being forced to download each day's worth of shooting as a seperate folder. I then go into each of those folders extract the pics and paste them into a folder named for that particular shooting cateogory or event.

Makes my stomach turn when thinking about what i would have to do to get all 14 days worth of vacation pictures into one folder.

08-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #2

I think under Setup setting you can change whether you want the folders according to date (which creates a seperate folder for every date) or a folder called "Pentx".
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You don't say what software you are using for the downloading, but most have options to control this sort of behavior.

And you don't say what program you are using to do your photo management, but combining the contents of 14 folders into one shouldn't take more than a handful of keystorkes and maybe 10 seconds of time with any decent application. Assuming it really is important to combine them into one folder - again, with any decent organizing program, they wouldn't *have* to be in one folder in order for you to view them all together.
08-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I use lightroom.

why note test run it and see if it suits...

There are other programs out there as well that make life easier

08-29-2008, 03:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnnyDop Quote
Is the a way to view and transfer all the pics from the card without having to deal with the seperate folders the camera created. When downloading multiple days worth of shooting I find it very tedious being forced to download each day's worth of shooting as a seperate folder. I then go into each of those folders extract the pics and paste them into a folder named for that particular shooting cateogory or event.

Makes my stomach turn when thinking about what i would have to do to get all 14 days worth of vacation pictures into one folder.
I often have several days on the card.

I use a card reader, select all and copy to the folder.

Dave
08-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
You don't say what software you are using for the downloading, but most have options to control this sort of behavior.

And you don't say what program you are using to do your photo management, but combining the contents of 14 folders into one shouldn't take more than a handful of keystorkes and maybe 10 seconds of time with any decent application. Assuming it really is important to combine them into one folder - again, with any decent organizing program, they wouldn't *have* to be in one folder in order for you to view them all together.
Thanks for responding.
I'm using the Pentax Photo Browser to download the pics.

Is there a way to rename the images being transferred from the camera?the same way it lets you rename JPEG files being created from RAW.