Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Click twice on this to make it large and then look at the shingles on the cabin roof..... Pixel Shift is a heck of a thing. Taken from more than 100 meters away.

Quite impressive. I have it on my KP, but have yet to use it. I will no doubt try it when the subject is appropriate and I have the setup and time.

However, I can understand that for many people like Canada_Rockies, who rarely if ever shoot still subjects using a tripod setup, the pixel shift feature would rarely be put to use. But for those who have an interest in doing landscapes often and still life subjects, this feature can bring in the last word in detail, reduce noise, and increase dynamic range without losing contrast. It really does represent a meaningful advancement in photographic imaging.

For me, the difference in high ISO performance would be even more meaningful than pixel shift, because I do low-light and fast-action photography fairly often, yet the pixel shift feature is indeed nice to have available when the the occasion is there to use it. Would I therefore be more inclined towards a new K-70 instead of a used K-3? I think I would.