Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New to the forum with a question

Hi I am new here having just purchased a k20d, which i am very pleased with. My original camera was a k10d, which unfortunatly has a bad scratch on the sensor, i tried to have it cleaned at a local camera shop but they seamed to think that the actual sensor is marked. My question is, is there a cover over the sensor and if so can it be replaced and if so how much is this likely to cost? Is it possible to get a new sensor and what are costs and difficulties in replacing it?

mny thanks

08-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The best thing would be to contact Pentax. There is actually a filter right over the sensor, so the sensor itself is not damage in all likehood, but changing this assembly could still require changing the sensor. and taking apart the whole camera. etc etc. So you could ask for a quote, but I suspect they will offer you a refurb instead.
08-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As bdery wrote: there is a filter on top of the sensor and the filter can be replaced comparetivly easyly and cheaply (well, whatever that means in reality) It is absolutely worth contacting Pentax and asking for a quote.

Ben