Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #1

New firmware before initial DA* release?

Reading from today's DA* press release from Pentax, it mentions

"The PENTAX K10D firmware must be updated to take advantage of this automatic switching function."

Does it suggest firmware ver1.2 before DA* launch? Or they are refering to ver1.1?
I hope it's the first case, since I am sure Pentax will suprise us with new/improve features besides just supporting SDM.

BTW. This is my first post in this forum. I currently own k10d and few lenses(upgrade from DL2->K100d->K10d). I sold my Sigma 17-70 with my k100d and am now waiting (badly) on the DA* 16-50....

Simon

02-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What I worry most is that they may remove the debug mode in future firmware release. I hope that this won't be the case.
02-21-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
What I worry most is that they may remove the debug mode in future firmware release. I hope that this won't be the case.
If anything, they may change the button combination to access this. The service techs at Pentax will need some way to fix up your camera, wouldn't you agree?