Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2018, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
A youtube channel needs new material all the time. Blaming Sony for bad pixel shift implemenation is quite desperate.
He discussed sensor noise of K1 vs D850 which was OK, he compared the DFA 70-200 to the new Tamron(?). All reviews are worthwile watching, but remember this is only one source of information.
Good thing you are here to bring us back to reality.

01-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
A youtube channel needs new material all the time. Blaming Sony for bad pixel shift implemenation is quite desperate.
He discussed sensor noise of K1 vs D850 which was OK, he compared the DFA 70-200 to the new Tamron(?). All reviews are worthwile watching, but remember this is only one source of information.
I get it that he needs something to talk about, it's ok.
It's even ok if on "slow days" a "YouTube personality" talks about something minor, or makes up a controversy just to, well, keep talking.
But I'd prefer if one talked only if he knew what he was talking about... I mean... I could open a YouTube channel and trash-talk laser surgery because, well, it sucks! However since I don't have a degree in medicine, I won't do that...
01-22-2018, 05:47 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
It's even ok if on "slow days" a "YouTube personality" talks about something minor, or makes up a controversy just to, well, keep talking.
But I'd prefer if one talked only if he knew what he was talking about... I mean... I could open a YouTube channel and trash-talk laser surgery because, well, it sucks! However since I don't have a degree in medicine, I won't do that...
Not having a degree in photography doesn't seem to stop anyone from talking about anything.

But bottom line, he had some toys to play with. He spend a little time with them, he came to some conclusions, looking at the material, maybe not the same one's I'd come to , but het, he made an effort. I fail to see how a guy who has the equipment in his hands to play with and telling you what he thinks can be much worse than all the guys who have never had the equipment in their hand but still have an opinion.

Apart from that, he doesn't look like the kind of guy I'd like to hang out with.
01-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #34
Veteran Member

LoL if you call that "making an effort"...
I agree completely on the "never had the equipment" part, and second that last line... ;-)

01-22-2018, 06:49 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I think the tough thing is that when you are second to a party you have to bring something that puts your implementation over the top. Sony has really nice cameras with the highest end specs out there at this point. But that doesn't mean that their pixel shift is anything special. I'm not a big fan of his chuckling, etc, but certainly he seems to have understanding of photography and post processing and that makes his opinion more valid, than say, your opinion on ophthamologic procedures.

There aren't enough photos in this thread. This is one shot with the K-1 and pixel shift.

01-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Beutiful!