Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote

In the flash family, "auto" means that the flash will compensate for distance/subject brightness. You do not have to manually use guide numbers to determine the aperture to use. You do not have to manually set the camera to the synch speed.

When the description does not include the letters TTL, then the flash uses its own sensor to control the output of the flash.

I hope this clears up the confusion.
Very detailed explanation of the use of the flash - I love it for a diff reason.

Also my apology to Busiko as well .

I was referring to the question of the OP (re k200d) and the flash can be considered as 'auto' particularly in relation to some of late models of film cameras and its use as a standalone unit.

Hey we all learn from other forum members

Daniel

09-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
hi all,i tried the flash set on auto(not ttl) & used a 50mm/1.7 lens & it work out well.shutter speed was set @125 & aperture set around f8
now i wonder if the af200s will work???
geoff
09-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #18
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by danielchtong Quote
Very detailed explanation of the use of the flash - I love it for a diff reason.

Also my apology to Busiko as well .

I was referring to the question of the OP (re k200d) and the flash can be considered as 'auto' particularly in relation to some of late models of film cameras and its use as a standalone unit.

Hey we all learn from other forum members

Daniel
Hello Daniel. I'm glad that the light came over that matter. And I see no need for apologies.

QuoteOriginally posted by nutkasse Quote
hi all,i tried the flash set on auto(not ttl) & used a 50mm/1.7 lens & it work out well.shutter speed was set @125 & aperture set around f8
now i wonder if the af200s will work???
geoff
Hi Geoff, the same applies to the AF200S flash, Auto or Manual will do. It will work fine, although with less Power (=shorter distance/wider aperture) , and check that the shoe voltage is no higher that 10Volts which I believe is OK.

Rui
09-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
hi busiko. how do u measure the voltage? which terminals & which is positive & which is negative?
thks
geoff

09-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #20
Busiko

hi busiko. how do u measure the voltage? which terminals & which is positive & which is negative?
thks
geoff
With a voltmeter, it should read around 7.5V between the side contact(-) and center contact(+). The AF200s should be OK I presume. But if you have the chance confirm before attaching it to the camera.
Rui
Attached Images

09-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
hi busiko,the voltage is 5.7X volts. so this can b used!!
thks
geoff
09-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Original Poster
also unomat bc38t flash voltage between centre pin & ground is 4.41v. is this safe 2 use??(too many flashes!!!). on auto & manual mode

geoff
09-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #23
Busiko

also unomat bc38t flash voltage between centre pin & ground is 4.41v. is this safe 2 use??(too many flashes!!!). on auto & manual mode

geoff
Yes, every thing below 7~8 volts is safe. If you get remote triggers for them, you can use all at once and play with Lighting and shadows.
Look here for great info on Flash Lighting.

http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/

09-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thks busiko
geoff