Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2018, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Intervalometer astrotracer mode. Set it to where your image will be a 20% or so smaller so you have good quality stackable images.

02-05-2018, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pixel shifted stacks?

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
As long as the stacking provides the same resolution and image quality as regular mode and is available for both JPEG and RAW. Some systems leverage their video mode for stacking.

Steve
Kind of dreaming of pixel-shifted stacks...that will likely leave me with Helicon...Yes, no interest whatsoever in video stacks or other low res. options...

I'm not one of those "hundred image" stackers. This is a 6 or 7 shot stack...just focused on foreground handle first, then the rim of the juicer/steamer, then...What I really like about stacking is I can select to leave the background defocused...sure would be nice to do it without looking at a computer!

---------- Post added 02-05-18 at 10:06 AM ----------

No polarizer so glare differentiates black chokecherries from becoming a singular big black spot.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-07-2018, 12:56 AM   #33
Pentaxian

I have always admired the hybrid viewfinder of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-Pro2 from a distance, but I am not sure that it would be useful (or even possible) in a DSLR.

Edit: Maybe eye-controlled focus as in the Canon EOS 5 (a.k.a. EOS A2/A2E) can be made to work with modern technology?

Last edited by Wasp; 02-07-2018 at 02:10 AM.
02-07-2018, 04:08 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I have always admired the hybrid viewfinder of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-Pro2 from a distance, but I am not sure that it would be useful (or even possible) in a DSLR.
You'll find quite a bit of discussion about the whys and hows of that proposal in a couple of other forum threads, and a few members who seem pretty convinced of its usefulness.

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2018 at 10:15 PM ----------

I've mentioned this one a few times in the past, when we've been canvassing suggestions for the next Pentax body: viewfinder blinds. Light leakage into the exposure metering via the eyepiece can give a false reading, mostly when shooting remotely. A couple of film Pentaxes had them, so I don't know why their DSLRs never have.

02-09-2018, 08:39 AM   #35
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Seriously though, 8k 60p video since KAF4 allows silent AF in video with mechanical SR and the ability to wirelessly control and save it to a computer. That will attract a ton more users because even though I rarely use video many do. That's why they all get a Canon or mft. Doing this will blow away everyone else. Also, for video allow video to use a portion of the sensor so it can be used as a crop mode if the user wants to.