Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #1

Pentax K10D firmware updates

I did not download K10D firmware updates 1.10, 1.11 and 1.20 as I had not used my camera for a while (multiple eye surgeries for a detached retina - not fun). Have tried to find them on the Pentax site so that I could upgrade to version 1.30 but had no luck. Does anyone know where I can find these updates? Have been all over the Pentax site, but couldn't find them.

TIA.

riverwatcher

09-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think firmware 1.30 is cumulative upgrade patch - so there is no need to go through intermediate upgrade steps. At least that is what I remember - once I got my K10D back from Pentax repair (back focusing).
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riverwatcher Quote
Does anyone know where I can find these updates? Have been all over the Pentax site, but couldn't find them.
You don't need the intermediate ones - you can go straight to 1.3, which is here.
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks, aleonx3 and ChrisA.

Thanks, aleonx3 and ChrisA. I've downloaded version1.30 and will install it when I get home. I was kind of puzzled because the Pentax instructions said that the earlier firmware updates had to be installed, yet they were nowhere on their site.

riverwatcher

09-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

K10D Firmware update

QuoteOriginally posted by riverwatcher Quote
...the Pentax instructions said that the earlier firmware updates had to be installed...
Actually, the instructions don't really say that. From the Pentax website:

Make sure your camera currently has firmware version 1.00 through 1.20. Before starting the update, you can check your current firmware version by turning the camera on while holding down the MENU button.

The wording is confusing. I can see how you could be confused. Its really just saying that you must have one of the previous versions, not that all of them must have been installed sequentially. They could have worded that much more clearly than they did.

There are only two ways that that condition could be unmet. First, if you already have 1.30 installed, or if you have a non-functioning camera because of corrupted internal memory or firmware. In the former case, you don't need to install 1.30; in the latter, you can't, because you need functioning firmware to install the update. In that case, you would have to send the camera to Pentax for service.

To be fair, that sort of wording is not uncommon in computer documentation. The instructions were probably written by a programmer in Japan (in Japanese) and then translated by a non-programmer into English.
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
About to seal a deal on a less than a year old K10d from an owner moving up and wanted to find out if the 1.30 firmware does in fact fix the banding issue I've been reading about at higher ISO levels?

Owner feedback would be greatly appreciated.
09-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #7

Thanks for this info guys!

I just updated my K10D from 1.00 to 1.30 and everything went smooth with the update.