1078g
$2900

Same size, same weight, half the cost.
Discuss

Attached Images

02-16-2018, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, the Fuji lens seems to rate at around number 2 in their lineup behind the 16mm...

And the video capability of the XH-1 is up there and rated by some who think its good enough to do a motion picture!

XH-1 is aimed at video people but just happens to have the stills capability of the XT2 which on its own has a far better video capability than the KP, you get what you pay for!

02-16-2018, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
XH-1 is aimed at video people but just happens to have the stills capability of the XT2 which on its own has a far better video capability than the KP, you get what you pay for!
IN other words if you have no need for movie quality video, don't waste your money on this camera?
02-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
IN other words if you have no need for movie quality video, don't waste your money on this camera?
Yes, thats what some XT2 owners think...others have their Xpro2s and XT2s for sale and have put their preorders in!

Fuji have produced this to try and keep users who have added Panasonic GH series to their kit.The Panos are stabilised and a mature video series and surpass the XH-1 for video capability(at this point in time)...Down the track with the usual firmware updates that Fuji issue this model" is likely" to rival the GH series.I dont know how long that will take??? but it will happen.

The XH-1 is a true Hybrid....hence the H in the designation.

02-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
mee
Veteran Member

This image is misleading. The eyecup on the fuji sticks out more as does the EVF itself.. it sticks off from the body. So it makes it look like the whole camera body is much thicker than it is. Your comparison is for a slower lens on the Pentax also.

That said, this is one of their larger bodies it seems.. and a few of the fuji fan(boy)s are complaining that it is become too large for them.

I say it is the first mirrorless design that somewhat interests me.. it finally grew up... I hope to see more mirrorless designs that look similar to this X-H1.
02-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Same size, same weight, half the cost.
WELL, if you look at the big picture(and MOVIE) half the capability!

Fanboys may not agree,however these 2 bodys are aimed at a different market.Now,in no way am i saying the KP is inferior for stills,the hi ISO capability is class leading.

Personally, i'd like to own both but intend to buy neither...there are better things to come in Apsc from both companies...Fuji @ Photokina and RI @ ????.
02-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #7
Pentaxian

WELL, if you look at the big picture(and MOVIE) half the capability!
For half the cost.

Clearly for those of us who always figure in the cost of an item per gram ("never pay more than penny a gram for cheese" is my moto) the K-P is a bargain.

02-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Clearly for those of us who always figure in the cost of an item per gram ("never pay more than penny a gram for cheese" is my moto) the K-P is a bargain.
Yes, i always factor in costs...even though i can buy what i like.The most important factor(to me) is how it fits my needs.You have made a point of that being one of your main criteria as well.

The OP comparison is of the now Flagship Fuji up against the KP a nice mid level body thats very good for stills...its not a fair comparison....Fuji is probably on a par for stills(except when the need for high Iso occurs + the odd PS occasion)...The Fuji leaves KP a fair way behind when you press that video button...

A fairer comparison is a mid level Fuji and the KP....The Kp wins high Iso and PS features(xt20/XE-3 cant match it)...Fuji is ahead in video.

---------- Post added 02-17-18 at 02:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That said, this is one of their larger bodies it seems.. and a few of the fuji fan(boy)s are complaining that it is become too large for them.
Its the largest Fuji X mount so far...not every FFboy will like it...i wonder if its the same ones that complained the XE-3 was too small???...every forum ive read is the same,always a few that will ridicule what Company X provides.What is important is the equipment available is getting better and better and better.
02-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Pentax KP vs Fuji X-H1 - I'll take the KP anyday!

The X-H1 still uses the funky Fuji 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor. I've not had the best of luck with X-Trans sensors. Frequently I get "little wormies" show up in the fine details. Been a complaint for years about X-Trans sensors. I don't believe they've ever been able to correct it.

The wormies don't show up in an image with relatively smooth transitions (e.g. street, portraits, still life, skys) but take a photo with an X-Trans sensor with tons of fine detail and contrasty edges (like most of my landscapes have) and these ugly wormies come out in force.

I'll never buy another Fuji X camera...
02-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

Its the largest Fuji X mount so far...not every FFboy will like it...i wonder if its the same ones that complained the XE-3 was too small???...every forum ive read is the same,always a few that will ridicule what Company X provides.What is important is the equipment available is getting better and better and better.
I don't think it is ridicule or just straight whining even. The "complainers" (for lack of a better term) are displeased that the small formfactor is growing... I find it is a valid concern if you have become familiar with Fuji mirrorless as offering smaller bodies.

That said I think the XT line will stay small. This XH seems to be for a different niche of buyers... namely DSLR owners who might be accustom to a slightly more substantial grip and body size.
02-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Something nobody speaks about : does this new Fuji get buttons that you actually can feel pressed, when you press them ?
Like on "your good old blackberry" ?
Up to now, only Pentax gives this user experience... all the other makers have the same softy and imperceptible, most of the time quickly wearable buttons.
02-16-2018, 09:51 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
The wormies
Theres software that corrects those effects which are minor...which Xtrans sensor with which firmware?

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That said I think the XT line will stay small. This XH seems to be for a different niche of buyers... namely DSLR owners who might be accustom to a slightly more substantial grip and body size.
Yes, XT size is likely to remain similar...Not so sure XH is aimed at Dslr guys exclusively,its predominantly for advanced video,even though its a fair bit behind Pano and $$$ony...they just left the stills capability in there as well.Later this year the XT3 is likely to be at Photokina,it has a dedicated following that are eagerly awaiting.It wont have IBIS so i'm led to believe.
02-17-2018, 12:57 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Wow!

Fuji invented IBIS for an APSC camera in 2018.
It sure is the best thing since sliced bread and well worth the money.
02-17-2018, 02:04 AM   #14
Pentaxian

I'd like to see the reaction on this forum if Pentax were to offer a paid for firmware upgrade that allowed the same video specs - for the modest sum of $1500 for the video thingies only.

$3000 for a single lens APSC kit using a 1,x MPx "viewfinder" surrogate.
When thinking about the creatures buying this I feel like watching economic Darwin awards being handed out. LOL. Hasselblad Stellar lives. :-)
02-17-2018, 02:30 AM   #15
2B1
Forum Member

Yes, the Fuji lens seems to rate at around number 2 in their lineup behind the 16mm...

And the video capability of the XH-1 is up there and rated by some who think its good enough to do a motion picture!

I got the the Fujifilm X H1! But is it any good? - YouTube
10minutes of 4 k video is a gimmick