Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 06:15 AM   #16

Would love this. K-S2 owner here would love remote photo taking and preview on my PC

02-22-2018, 07:04 AM   #17
Pentaxian

PKTriggercord is open source, so it includes all documentation indirectly.
Pentax-K-S2-WiFiRemote download | SourceForge.net from Claus Zielke is also open source.
As long as nobody starts a shady closed source development all is fine.
02-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaffer Quote
Would love this. K-S2 owner here would love remote photo taking and preview on my PC
No reason to wait, just install Andreas program and you are ready to go: My Pentax wifi remote software - PentaxForums.com

Works with Pentax cameras with built in wifi (K1, K-70 & K-S2)
02-23-2018, 12:56 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
No reason to wait, just install Andreas program and you are ready to go: My Pentax wifi remote software - PentaxForums.com

Works with Pentax cameras with built in wifi (K1, K-70 & K-S2)
Wow sounds great thank u I will give it a look! I want to do stop motion so I hope it's compatible with software I will try

02-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #20

In the case of the K-1, I’m beginning to think that the best approach might be to use gPhoto2 and a Raspberry Pi Zero for remote control and image transfer. The K-1 uses a basic REST API for triggering the shutter and downloading images to devices, which makes it really easy to write software for. Unfortunately, the WiFi chip has painfully slow transfer speeds. If you’re hoping to just control it, then this is fine, but if you’re hoping to transfer images, I wouldn’t recommend this.