Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 06:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR

Well, I have taken the plunge, I have preordered a Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR. I have two K1s dedicated for specific lens use so I don't have to change lenses and looking forward to adding the New Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR to my K3-II, and two K1s. Over kill, you bet! Love it! Now my three favorite lens have a permanent home.

Last edited by mhsp1948; 02-22-2018 at 05:49 PM.
02-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

So you are making big and heavy compact cameras from K-1s?
I'am using two film bodies and two digital, but I never ever use more than two at the same time.
02-22-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I travel a lot and have my K3-II and my two K1s in my truck and when I come up on a scene I am more than ready to act and don't have to change a lens. Even when I go do photo shoots of some place I carry at least my two K1s with lenses I know I could need and it does save me time, plus I just leave the lenses on and that means less chance of dust on my sensors. I could care less about weight or equipment, I want what I need at the moment. I am interested in image quality not compactness of equipment.
02-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It's a different type of photography. I do a lot more indoor shots with the two cameras hanging on me. Plus indoor dust isn't a great problem.

02-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
It's a different type of photography. I do a lot more indoor shots with the two cameras hanging on me. Plus indoor dust isn't a great problem.
Yes, that would make a difference indeed. I am such a landscape and wild life nut I forget about those who do portraits and inside work.
02-22-2018, 07:48 AM   #6

Ha ha! You can/t have enough of a good thing. A friend sent me a photo he took of a LA Times press photographer wearing 2 or 3 bodies with some massive lenses attached.

I covered a Red Cross event with two bodies once. It certainly saves time (and not missing a shot) by not having to swap lenses.
02-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by not a number Quote
ha ha! You can/t have enough of a good thing. A friend sent me a photo he took of a la times press photographer wearing 2 or 3 bodies with some massive lenses attached.

I covered a red cross event with two bodies once. It certainly saves time (and not missing a shot) by not having to swap lenses.
amen!

02-22-2018, 08:05 AM - 9 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Recent photos from K1
Attached Images

02-22-2018, 08:53 AM   #9

Photos: Albums
mhsp1948: All I can say is wow, great pics. Love the 1st and 3rd ones.

Regards

Darryl
02-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

For me leaving the burst rate the same and doing nothing with the video leaves me waiting for K3 mk III and hoping it matches up to the Nikon with 4k. I would have upgraded to the K1 when it came out but for those reasons.
02-22-2018, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mhsp1948 Quote
I travel a lot and have my K3-II and my two K1s in my truck and when I come up on a scene I am more than ready to act and don't have to change a lens. Even when I go do photo shoots of some place I carry at least my two K1s with lenses I know I could need and it does save me time, plus I just leave the lenses on and that means less chance of dust on my sensors. I could care less about weight or equipment, I want what I need at the moment. I am interested in image quality not compactness of equipment.
I'm kind of the same way. When we travel, many times the back seat of our car is loaded down with camera bags...all buckled in. I'll have the K-1 with the 28-105, the K-5 with the Sigma 150-500, the Km with the 12-24 and the K10D with 55-300. My bags are colour coded for the different bodies and quick retrieval of equipment. I'm on the lookout for wildlife, wild birds and forgotten iron (vintage vehicles) while driving in the country.

I also don't like to change lenses out in the open road, or outside. I attach my lenses in our house/hotel room....for dust reasons and also so I'm ready to go with the right lens for the right situation. Wildlife doesn't sit around waiting for 'portraits'.
02-22-2018, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
For me leaving the burst rate the same and doing nothing with the video leaves me waiting for K3 mk III and hoping it matches up to the Nikon with 4k. I would have upgraded to the K1 when it came out but for those reasons.
I have a K3-II if I need burst rate I have it, but I do landscape, and wildlife the K1 is working great and I would rather have image quality than burst rate. These photo taken with my K1 and Pentax Lens

---------- Post added 02-22-18 at 02:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dagsadoo Quote
mhsp1948: All I can say is wow, great pics. Love the 1st and 3rd ones.

Regards

Darryl
Thank you Darryl appreciate you comment on my photos[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 02-22-18 at 02:06 PM ----------

---------- Post added 02-22-18 at 02:07 PM ----------

Thanks Darryl for you comment on my photos

---------- Post added 02-22-18 at 02:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I'm kind of the same way. When we travel, many times the back seat of our car is loaded down with camera bags...all buckled in. I'll have the K-1 with the 28-105, the K-5 with the Sigma 150-500, the Km with the 12-24 and the K10D with 55-300. My bags are colour coded for the different bodies and quick retrieval of equipment. I'm on the lookout for wildlife, wild birds and forgotten iron (vintage vehicles) while driving in the country.

I also don't like to change lenses out in the open road, or outside. I attach my lenses in our house/hotel room....for dust reasons and also so I'm ready to go with the right lens for the right situation. Wildlife doesn't sit around waiting for 'portraits'.

AMEN Lesmore
Attached Images

02-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mhsp1948 Quote
Well, I have taken the plunge, I have preordered a Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR. I have two K1s dedicated for specific lens use so I don't have to change lenses and looking forward to adding the New Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR to my K3, and two K1s. Over kill, you bet! Love it! Now my three favorite lens have a permanent home.
That is great !
Looking forward to see your pictures taken with the new K-1 II !
02-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
A friend sent me a photo he took of a LA Times press photographer wearing 2 or 3 bodies with some massive lenses attached.
When I was shooting all-day music festivals, I often carried three cameras: two APS-C DSLR's on a double sling with DA*16-50 and 50-135, and my K-01 with DA10-17 around my neck. I might not have had the fancy full frame CaNikons that my workmates in the pit had, but didn't miss many shots
02-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
That is great !
Looking forward to see your pictures taken with the new K-1 II !
Thanks jpzk, I can't wait to try it

---------- Post added 02-22-18 at 06:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
When I was shooting all-day music festivals, I often carried three cameras: two APS-C DSLR's on a double sling with DA*16-50 and 50-135, and my K-01 with DA10-17 around my neck. I might not have had the fancy full frame CaNikons that my workmates in the pit had, but didn't miss many shots
AMEN, on not missing many shots!