Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #1

focus screen question

Hopefully an easy question:
How much of the focus screen is visible through the finder on a K10? I'm trying to figure out the actual measurement in mm.
Thank you!
Stephanie

09-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here is a link to a site with dimenions and instructions for modding a full frame screen.

Dave

K10D, new split focusing screen - a set on Flickr

QuoteOriginally posted by perstephone6 Quote
How much of the focus screen is visible through the finder on a K10? I'm trying to figure out the actual measurement in mm.
Thank you!
Stephanie
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you!
Stephanie
It's rated at 95% of the sensor area.
09-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you both!
If my attempt at a portrait crop line (with 8x10 vertical and 5x7 horizontal) on a cheap focusing screen works, I'll post my success. If it doesn't work out, I'll be out thirty bucks and I'll probably not say anything else about it
stephanie

09-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you both!
If my attempt at a portrait crop line (with 8x10 vertical and 5x7 horizontal) on a cheap focusing screen works, I'll post my success. If it doesn't work out, I'll be out thirty bucks and I'll probably not say anything else about it
stephanie
Do let us know how it turns out. We're all ready to learn new goodies, particularly when they are cheap.