Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #1

Pentax K100D browsers

Hi Friends

I recently bought a pentax K100D camera and have been taking pictures in RAW mode. In order to convert it to tiff. file I need to use pentax photo browser3 and pentax photo laboratory 3 softwares. I have the software disc with me but unfortunately, I can't upload this software on my Macintosh computer. I checked it on PC and it seems that the software is compatible with PC but not with Mac computer. Can anyone suggest me where I get these softwares for Mac. I have thoroughly checked the web and what I found was updates for these software but not the software itself. Can anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks
sham sunder

09-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that you can download the PPL and browser from Pentax USA, Pentax UK and others. I think that PPL and the browser have Mac versions.
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Note that are plenty of programs other than the Pentax-supplied software that can do RAW processing. I find the Pentax software *incredibly* archaic, as described in a post I made moments in another thread. The whole idea that you'd have to convert all your files to another format like TIFF just to use them - that should have gone out with the 90's. The change from the days of having to convert everything to another format to the modern world of having the RAW data available at all times for non-destructive processing is as fundamental, in my opinion, as the shift from operating systems based on a command-line interface to those based on a GUI (mice, windows, etc).