Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ted1212 Quote
I'm just about to send back my third Tamron 28-75mm, two had FF one had BF, along with some other issues. I've got a K200D, I tested a 77mm ltd and that was spot on, so it must be the Tamrons. The focus charts are similar to yours.

Interestingly BH have refused to pay for return postage as they say they tested the previous two I returned and found nothing wrong with them.

I have the pictures and charts I took as a record of those lenses. But I don't like to feel like I'm being made out to be a bad customer because I was supplied with what to me were deficient lenses.
me thinks that K200D owners must put a $$$ bounty together ... somebody somewhere must be willing to get 'em either .DLL or the key combination

09-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #17

Original Poster
S'all good. I got my lens and body back from the service center two days ago and this bad boy is perfect. I'm so happy with the results. The service report indicates that they took apart the lens and adjusted the focussing mechanism. I don't know what this means of course, but it works . The issue was not with the body. They also cleaned my sensor up for me which is a little exciting too. All under warranty. How incredibly generous. I will continue to look towards Sigma glass in the future with these results and service.

Mike
09-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikey55 Quote
S'all good. I got my lens and body back from the service center two days ago and this bad boy is perfect. I'm so happy with the results. The service report indicates that they took apart the lens and adjusted the focussing mechanism. I don't know what this means of course, but it works . The issue was not with the body. They also cleaned my sensor up for me which is a little exciting too. All under warranty. How incredibly generous. I will continue to look towards Sigma glass in the future with these results and service.

Mike
so was this sigma service or pentax? sorry if you mentioned this already...