Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
k20d + manual lens, tricky shake reduction question!

I use my k20d with a 50mm 1.4 lens built 30 years ago (yes, its pentax) (yes, its twice my age).
I find it a pain when i am using it as a walk around lens that i have to press ok every time i turn the camera on just to tell it that yes, its still a 50mm lens, and no it hasnt magically changed into something completely different. (i do have a variety of lenses from that time, but most of them have too much fungus or quality loss to use). It appears that when i dont press ok on the "input focal length" screen, the shake reduction is still active on my shot data.
So my question is this, do i need to confirm it in order for it to perform shake reduction, or does it revert to the last lens used and compensate properly?

09-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

why are you even turning off your camera if you're on a walk...

ive had it on "ON" for days straight with no battery loss, just let it go into sleep mode.

also you dont have to press "OK" all the time, you can just tap the shutter button half way and it will do the same thing.
09-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
why are you even turning off your camera if you're on a walk...
With the K100D, it appears even the auto-power-off triggers the SR menu when the camera wakes up again, Not so with the K200D. Maybe the K20D is more like the K100D in this - or maybe there is a setting in the "Memory" submenu to control it?

QuoteQuote:
also you dont have to press "OK" all the time, you can just tap the shutter button half way and it will do the same thing.
Exactly.