Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #1

Has anyone used this on a K100D?

Lens Protector URL...http://www.delkin.com/shop/product.php?productid=289&cat=55&page=2

10-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
lcd protector

I use a different model of this on my DS. It fits over the eyepeice and requires no adhesive. It has +and-.
pros:
1. Fits well.
2. Does block some light from hitting the lcd.
3. Protects the lcd. Especially when closed.
4. Makes me shoot more like film. Without looking at the screen after every shot.

cons:
1. Protective glass causes a double image reflection in some lighting conditions.
2. A royal pain to open and close. Unlike old twin lens cameras the Delkin has to be folded in from both sides at the same time while being pushed down to close.
3. The hood is just barely bigger than the lcd screen. If you aren't looking directly in line parts of the edges of the lcd will be hidden.
4. It really slows you down shooting since you have to fold it up to see thru the viewfinder. If you are a "look at each shot after the shot" person it could drive you mad.

I will start using mine again but I will remove the glass and just keep the frame.
thanks
barondla
10-05-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I use one on a DS too and I've to full quote barondla for the pros and cons