Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
*ist D screen glass and remote sochet cap source?

Hey everyone! After a long search, I came across not one but 2 *ist D bodies for very, very reasonable prices. One however came with a catch - the glass over the rear LCD is missing! Does anyone know where I can find another? If not I can probably fab something up using a bit of scrap plexiglass, but I thought I'd at least try.

Also, this is far less important, but does anyone know where I can find a -something- to cover/plug the remote socket on the side? If not I'll likely just put a small bit of gaffers tape over the holes, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I just checked uscamera.com. $18.48 for the "glass". That both sounds like a perfectly reasonable price, and makes me say "Yikes!". Maybe I'm too cheap for photography.

Last edited by Steve Beswick; 03-24-2018 at 12:58 PM.
03-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
Hey everyone! After a long search, I came across not one but 2 *ist D bodies for very, very reasonable prices. One however came with a catch - the glass over the rear LCD is missing! Does anyone know where I can find another? If not I can probably fab something up using a bit of scrap plexiglass, but I thought I'd at least try.

Also, this is far less important, but does anyone know where I can find a -something- to cover/plug the remote socket on the side? If not I'll likely just put a small bit of gaffers tape over the holes, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I just checked uscamera.com. $18.48 for the "glass". That both sounds like a perfectly reasonable price, and makes me say "Yikes!". Maybe I'm too cheap for photography.
Personally, I'd wonder why that LCD cover is missing... did it break when (if?) the camera was dropped? If the camera in question is tested and fully-functioning, and you really want to use it (and there's every reason to - it's a great little camera), then $18 doesn't sound like a lot of money if you're happy doing the repair. It would take a little time for you to fabricate something similar, and it wouldn't look as good as the real thing. I'd ask yourself "How much is my time worth?"
03-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #3

You need the tape for the LCD window as well.
03-24-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Personally, I'd wonder why that LCD cover is missing... did it break when (if?) the camera was dropped? If the camera in question is tested and fully-functioning, and you really want to use it (and there's every reason to - it's a great little camera), then $18 doesn't sound like a lot of money if you're happy doing the repair. It would take a little time for you to fabricate something similar, and it wouldn't look as good as the real thing. I'd ask yourself "How much is my time worth?"
Yeah, I don't know what happened to the LCD cover, but it almost looks like it was never there. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that there was any adhesive, et cetera ever on the camera. The camera seems to operate 100% properly, but to be honest I haven't really put it through it's paces yet.