Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
Forum Member

New Firmware

So Ricoh released a new firmware for their G800 and G800SE cameras released in 2014. Firmware Friday: Loads of updates for Canon, DJI, Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic and Ricoh cameras, lenses

Does this mean there is still a possibility for new firmware updates for older discontinued Pentax bodies? Although I am surprised that the KP hasn't had any firmware updates yet.

I believe Ricoh should follow the same path as Fujifilm. They provide firmware updates fairly often even for bodies that are multiple generations old.

04-07-2018, 02:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ShaunW Quote
So Ricoh released a new firmware for their G800 and G800SE cameras released in 2014. Firmware Friday: Loads of updates for Canon, DJI, Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic and Ricoh cameras, lenses

Does this mean there is still a possibility for new firmware updates for older discontinued Pentax bodies? Although I am surprised that the KP hasn't had any firmware updates yet.

I believe Ricoh should follow the same path as Fujifilm. They provide firmware updates fairly often even for bodies that are multiple generations old.
Yeah, the KP is essentially the most recent body, so it has all of the newest features already. There will be a firmware update for it once the D FA* 50mm gets released.

AFAIK the G800 models are still current, and they're not consumer products, so they get a lot more features through firmware.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: