Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Wait..the building actually twists liek that right? :O
Fotopete, there will be two condo towers similar to that right here in 'sauga! Here's the link.

Absolute Condos

One was nicknamed "Marilyn Monroe" and the other one I think was nicknamed "The Tuxedo". I don't know which one is which. It will be right on the northwest corner of Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe.

03-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

HAHA! Omg yea! I can definately see the nickname now. I checked out the link and I was going to reply saying that they look like water coming out of a faucet.

In just the last few years, we had like half a dozen New York styled condomiums spring up nearby.

(haha, I'm like 'ducking' behind my monitor as I'm typing. Its sounds like someone's throwing marbles and golf balls at me!)
03-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I'm talking about FOV (field of view) The Zenitar has a 180 degree FOV, I don't think it's physically possible to have a wider FOV than that without extreme optics. The 10-17 fish-eye has a 100-180 FOV, the 12-24 has a 61-99 FOV. I don't know about the 8mm peleng, but I seriously doubt it will be greater than the Zenitar.

NaCl(it's not the focal length, its the FOV)H2O
I forget who made it, I want to say Nikon, but there was a fish-eye that actually exceeded a 180 deg FOV! I never had a chance to use one, but I saw some amazing sample pix from it...
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

If you lied the camera on its back with the lens pointing straight up, you can technically 'get' 360 degrees right?

03-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
If you lied the camera on its back with the lens pointing straight up, you can technically 'get' 360 degrees right?
Hmmm. Not sure...You still can't see behind the camera for the full 360.

EDIT: Ohh...wait. Stupid me. 360 yeah that would work.