Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2008, 03:24 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I am owner of Samsung GX-10. When I saw the new separate section, my first thought was it is useless, because the cameras are almost identical and posting here might lead to getting less feedback.
The second thought was, that it is way of an "official" proof, that Samsung users are welcome here. That second point is maybe the most important. I remember when I found this formums, I was wondering if I would be welcome when I do not have true Pentax. Of course, when I tried I met with kind and positive response only, but for some newbies with Samsung the existence of this thread would be the reason to decide to try and join the discussion.
But to avoid unnecessary forking with common themes, what about to rename it to something like Samsung dslr specific topics?

02-02-2009, 02:03 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
While I partially agree with your second point, I don't think we need to restrict posting in this forum for those who do not know in was exact ways the Samsung versions differ from the Pentax camera models.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #18
Inactive Account

This is great. Ive just joined here, and here is a forum dedicated to the samsung line. Although I have most stuff pretty well sorted with my camera, there are always other things that you havent discovered along the way, like 3 months ago I found out that you can adjust the ISO in M by holding down the OK button and turning the front dial...I nearly peed myself I was so happy. Im not sure some people doing the reviews were aware of that because the lack of an ISO button was one of the issues according to them...haha, no its not. And i personally think Samsung have done a few things better than Pentax. For starters, the interface is much easier. I love those big square buttons on the back and I think the slightly alterred prism moulding looks better too. I doubt I'll be upgrading any time soon as im more than happy with it (other than the ISO noise, but Im getting better at removing it).