Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How to Get Long Exposure???

Dumb question here...

The skies are getting clearer, Fall is near. I was thinking of going out tonight for some night photos.

I know the K100D is supposed to have shutter speeds of up to 30 seconds. My selector only allows for .3 seconds. I can scroll through all the values, they start going up again after .3 seconds. That is the lowest. What am I missing? I am at ISO 200, if that matters. Am I missing a custom setting somewhere? Did not see it anywhere.

I know the drive modes, a delay will be valuable. The problem is .3 seconds is not going to cut it.

Thanks.

09-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jocko_nc Quote
I can scroll through all the values, they start going up again after .3 seconds.
That's because up through "4", the number is *fractions* of a second (as in 1/4). Starting with 0.3", the number is *seconds* (that's what the little quote mark indicates). 0.3 seconds is indeed longer than 1/4 a second, and the next setting - 0.5 - is longer still. It does indeed go up to 30 seconds.
09-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
ok... Still, I'm sure I tested the "other" numbers and they were not long exposures. ???. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. ???. I had no lens, I was just testing the body with a cap. Checking out how the controls work. That should not make a difference. ????.

I'll try again, I may have been way off. Thanks.
09-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
You are so right. I never tried the values to the left. Duh. They work.

For some reason left and right seemed totally counter-intuitive to me. Increasing to the right threw me off. Wow. Funny, they stop at 30!

Thanks.