Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
ist-d problems

I just got in a AF-500 and Tr power pack 2. The flash worked for 2 pictures in TTL mode and then the next day i put it back on my Ist-D and nothing. It seems to lock up. I can adjust the lens( 25-80mm) and that shows up on the flash but i can not change modes or anything more. If i loosen up the flash and move it back some on the shoe i get flash but not TTL just whites everything out. I then tried it on my Ist-Dl and the same thing happened. The only shoe it works on is my old MX. PLEASE HELP. I can not afford a new af-540 or 360 right now and i hope this is just user error. i also get a CH 1 code on my Ist-d when i change camera flash settings. Further more it works fine in slave mode. i can have it across the room no problem.

09-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like you have faulty contacts on the flash's hotshoe.

Use a standard pencil eraser to rub the contacts on both flash and camera hotshoes. If this does not correct the problem, try to get another camera (friend, camera store, etc) that is compatible (pz1p, any of the zx series, etc) to rule out your camera as being culprit.

Hope this helps..

Robert B