Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I used my KX a lot and loved it. The 50-200 is an OK lens, you may do well enough with it. For action, it helps to keep the shutter speed high. You may want to shoot in Tv and float your aperture and ISO to keep the shutter speed up. If you have a little bit of money to spend, the 55-300 is quite a lot nicer and available used cheap.

05-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I love my Kx. It's very lightweight, easy to use and has great image quality. The one caveat I would give the OP is the camera is not weather sealed, so outdoor shooting at football games would be weather dependent.
05-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I also have a K-x, bought used for $40. I am pretty happy with it. It sometimes refuses to autofocus after changing lenses but taking the lens off and wiping down the contacts fixes it every time.

Low light performance might not be as good as the latest generation, but it is a big step up from the CCD sensor in the K10D.

Live view is good to have with tricky manual focus lenses like my K 200mm f/2.5. It makes a bit of a racket when you take the picture in live view, with the mirror flapping up and down. No idea why it needs to that, but it does.

OP, use your K-x and enjoy it!