Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No reply from Pentax Contact Form

After my (never ending) issues with the DFA 15-30 I contacted Pentax via their contact form hoping for a follow up call and discussion of what options I have with that lens.
Unfortunately I've yet to be contacted (3 business days, not counting weekend).

I'm curious to see if anyone used their contact form and got contacted by Pentax in recent weeks/months?
I was very courteous in the message I sent, and was hoping for some sort of reply. I feel I've invested enough in their gear to get at least a phone call..

Threads stating my issues with the lens:
15-30 after repairs, help me check the sequence please :) - PentaxForums.com
Nice one Precision, really impressive service - PentaxForums.com

PS: I'll try the phone number on the warranty card (thanks for the tip @Not a Number), just wanted to see what other members experienced.

05-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
if anyone used their contact form and got contacted by Pentax in recent weeks/months
I tried to contact them last year when I had problem with K1. It was sent for repair for 4 times and the time it spent in repair was more than in my hand. I wrote to Pentax, they forwarded the email to precision and didn't want to talk to me directly. No email or call from Pentax.
I then sent another email to complain the SDM issue, -- no respond at all. They probably put my email on black list
05-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
I tried to contact them last year when I had problem with K1. It was sent for repair for 4 times and the time it spent in repair was more than in my hand. I wrote to Pentax, they forwarded the email to precision and didn't want to talk to me directly. No email or call from Pentax.
I then sent another email to complain the SDM issue, -- no respond at all. They probably put my email on black list
Wow, that's terrible! Last year I actually had responses from them, this year nothing. Not encouraging at all
05-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I would just call them directly, or call precision.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-07-2018, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Eh, now thinking how much money I've spent on my ff system, other systems don't really look that much more expensive I'd be able to build a similar system around D810, maybe actually cheaper since I'd have access to excellent Tamron, Sigma and Tokina glass

---------- Post added 05-07-18 at 10:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would just call them directly, or call precision.
And I will, hope one of the phone numbers provided to me by fellow members will work.
05-07-2018, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just called them, they said they'll take care of the issue for me. Let's see. BTW, here's their contact email they provided, maybe it'll help you too - tsscricohimaging@ricoh-usa.com
05-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

maybe it'll help you too - tsscricohimaging@ricoh-usa.com
Thank you! I will keep this in case I need to talk to them again. I decided to sell Pentax gear (again) at this moment.

05-07-2018, 02:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you! I will keep this in case I need to talk to them again. I decided to sell Pentax gear (again) at this moment.
I don't blame you, I'm pretty annoyed as well, hoping they'll fix things up for me.
05-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm pretty annoyed as well
It is a hard decision, and I believe I will buy Pentax back again or maybe . But at this time, both the quality control and the customer service are pretty bad. The $ I spent on Pentax could have built a very nice system of other brand already.
Just to compare: I have a very old Sigma tele lens in EOS mount, and found it needs to be rechipped otherwise it won'y work on DSLR, and the rubber belt for AF was loose. No warranty of course. I emailed Sigma and asked if they could rechip it and replace the belt. They replied same day and apologized for not being able to rechip the >20 years old lens, and suggested a place to find the rubber belt. And gave me a discount code if I decide to replace the lens. -- I am sure I spent very little on the lens when I bought it used. sigma's discount code could save me a lot more than that if I buy a new lens.

And I bought a new lens...

Hope they can solve your problem soon.
05-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You forgot to tell them you have their biggest customer in term of revenue/year.

---------- Post added 08-05-18 at 00:10 ----------

now thinking how much money I've spent on my ff system, other systems don't really look that much more expensive
With Sony, if you damage the mark II, you don't need to have it repaired, because its value is already zero due to the mark III having recently been released.
05-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is a hard decision, and I believe I will buy Pentax back again or maybe . But at this time, both the quality control and the customer service are pretty bad. The $ I spent on Pentax could have built a very nice system of other brand already.
Just to compare: I have a very old Sigma tele lens in EOS mount, and found it needs to be rechipped otherwise it won'y work on DSLR, and the rubber belt for AF was loose. No warranty of course. I emailed Sigma and asked if they could rechip it and replace the belt. They replied same day and apologized for not being able to rechip the >20 years old lens, and suggested a place to find the rubber belt. And gave me a discount code if I decide to replace the lens. -- I am sure I spent very little on the lens when I bought it used. sigma's discount code could save me a lot more than that if I buy a new lens.

And I bought a new lens...

Hope they can solve your problem soon.
Yeah me too. I had an experience with an out of warranty Olympus body that they fixed at no cost (EM1 was their flagship at the time). Ironically, Precision camera took care of it quickly and effectively.
05-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
With Sony, if you damage the mark II, you don't need to have it repaired, because its value is already zero due to the mark III having recently been released.
A7II is around $900-1000, K1 is on market for $1300, not sold yet.
A7III is BIG upgrading over A7II; while K1II is just a little step forward. Some don't even like the modified RAW files form K1II. Imaging K1's value if Pentax releases a new model with similar upgrading.
05-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After my (never ending) issues with the DFA 15-30 I contacted Pentax via their contact form hoping for a follow up call and discussion of what options I have with that lens.
Unfortunately I've yet to be contacted (3 business days, not counting weekend).

I'm curious to see if anyone used their contact form and got contacted by Pentax in recent weeks/months?
I was very courteous in the message I sent, and was hoping for some sort of reply. I feel I've invested enough in their gear to get at least a phone call..

Threads stating my issues with the lens:
15-30 after repairs, help me check the sequence please :) - PentaxForums.com
Nice one Precision, really impressive service - PentaxForums.com

PS: I'll try the phone number on the warranty card (thanks for the tip @Not a Number), just wanted to see what other members experienced.
A few years back, with some problems with a K5 and later with a faulty lens, I had proceeded to (tried to) contact Pentax via that form ... to no avail.
I called them directly and had much better luck.
05-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I had similar troubles awhile back...tried multiple times through their contact form. Eventually, I pestered them a handful of times through facebook and did receive a reply. It took a few weeks, so be patient.
05-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Contact forms for almost any company universally suck. If you want results fast calling is always better.