Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K10D Grip not working

I just received the D-GB2 grip today and charged the battery, put it all together in anticipation and...no power from the grip. The icon says BOTH batteries are charged, it let me select grip battery first, but no power from the grip; only from the body. ??? What am I missing? [duh?]

Last edited by mysterick; 02-23-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling
02-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did you turn the power switch on for the grip?
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
I just received the D-GB2 grip today and charged the battery, put it all together in anticipation and...no power from the grip. The icon says BOTH batteries are charged, it let me select grip battery first, but no power from the grip; only from the body. ??? What am I missing? [duh?]
You can only power on the camera from the camera switch.. The switch on the grip only powers on the grip (allows the grip controls to be active).

The camera will use power from both batteries even with the grip switched off.

dave
02-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Forum Member

Are both batteries the D-LI50 or compatible? If you are using the NP-700 battery from the Konolta 5D/7D it will physically fit, but has less ma/H, and will often not power the camera correctly. Make sure both batteries are 1700 maH.

02-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have the answer

One recommendation/explanation response seems to have cleared this up. I do have two different brand batteries, but the problem is that I did not realize that the grip switch ONLY operates the grip functions, not the camera as well. Oh well! Now that I know to turn the camera switch on, everything works well.
02-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Forum Member

One recommendation/explanation response seems to have cleared this up. I do have two different brand batteries, but the problem is that I did not realize that the grip switch ONLY operates the grip functions, not the camera as well. Oh well! Now that I know to turn the camera switch on, everything works well.
The important thing is it's now working!