Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tlwyse Quote
Hello all,

I'm looking for an electronic remote shutter release for my K10D (and future K20D!) but Pentax doesn't seem to offer one. Is this the case?

Did a quick check on B&H Photo and all they had was a 3rd party *tethered* cable release.

This is for doing multi-exposure/HDR photography which tends to be several seconds (early morning/late evening) and for which I use the 2"/mirror-up timer. So far I've been giving it the old "gentle squeeze" but I want to go completely electronic and untethered.

Thanks,
Terry Wyse
The wired remotes are probably more reliable in bright light compared to the Remote F I bought at the same time I bought my k10d. On the other hand, the Remote F will "hold" the shutter release down for as long as you hold the button on the remote. I am not sure whether the 30,000 release battery life takes this into account or not.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography, release, shutter, shutter release