Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Forum Member

Continuous shooting sound

I just noticed that when I'm shooting with the continuous burst mode, I can hear the little motor inside. I was just wondering if this is normal because I never heard it before. Is this normal? I never really payed attention before so I might have just missed it, but I just want to make sure. Thanks

09-09-2008, 03:42 AM   #2

I raised a thread on a similar thing a couple of weeks ago. I noticed a motor like noise on my K10D on continuous mode after the last shot had been taken. This noise not being apparent on single shot.

After being sent back to Pentax (twice!) I got it back yesterday with the explanation that the noise is the shutter magnet (???) pulling the shutter back into possition. This being done at the end of a continuous burst, and DURING a single shot, hence the difference.

This was from the Pentax chief engineer in UK. He is supposed to be snding me the details in a letter so I will post that if and when I get it.

Hope this helpd.