Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2018, 02:48 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Annatefkah's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greenhithe, Kent UK
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 61
I've downloaded it but it won't install.

05-17-2018, 02:59 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Andrea K's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 451
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Annatefkah Quote
I've downloaded it but it won't install.
What message you have from the installer?

The procedure to install is:
- Download the zip file and unzip it to a new directory.
- From this directory launch the setup.exe file
- There may be a warning, about the software Editor, but go ahead

After this you have to connect the camer with the computer through the wifi lan, you can check the procedure (where is the password, how you can activate the wireless hot spot, etc..) on the camera manual. On the k-1 manual the title of the section is "Using the Camera with a Communication Device"

Last edited by Andrea K; 05-18-2018 at 12:22 AM.
05-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,684
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
You mean that I have to enlarge the dropdownlists?
Yes! exactly. When using as laptop mode, using a mouse, it is easy to change camera settings during tethering. However, when I fold my ultrabook in portrait orientation (or landscape), there is no way I can change settings with the touch screen, because my fingers are way too large relative to the drop down menus. Also , if I accidentally starts the application twice, two instances of the application are running and the K1 starts firing burst shots in LV mode and never stops. If the drop down menus could be used with a finger touch , that would be really cool.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 05-17-2018 at 11:00 AM.
05-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
rechmbrs's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 416
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yes! exactly. When using as laptop mode, using a mouse, it is easy to change camera settings during tethering. However, when I fold my ultrabook in portrait orientation (or landscape), there is no way I can change settings with the touch screen, because my fingers are way too large relative to the drop down menus. Also , if I accidentally starts the application twice, two instances of the application are running and the K1 starts firing burst shots in LV mode and never stops. If the drop down menus could be used with a finger touch , that would be really cool.
Andrea,
Visual C used to have an option where the closed dropdown is the size you have now but opened it increased the width and height plus scaled the text accordingly. When clicked on it would be maybe twice the size of the closed version.

Have a look as it very useful for portrait screens and small landscape.

RONC

05-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #20
New Member
J.Pecora's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Hey friends, I am really excited to try out this app, I have it installed and it opens but I don't know how to connect my K1 with it. What are the steps to sync a camera with the app?
05-18-2018, 12:20 AM   #21
Pentaxian
Andrea K's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 451
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Pecora Quote
Hey friends, I am really excited to try out this app, I have it installed and it opens but I don't know how to connect my K1 with it. What are the steps to sync a camera with the app?
Hi, you can check the camera manual.
The steps are described at page 88 of this http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-1.pdf "Using the Camera with a Communication Device"
Keep in mind that you have to establish a wifi connection to the wireless lan that the k-1 hosts . You can find the password inside the k-1 menu.

If you have problems to connect the camera with the computer please ask here.


Regards.
05-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #22
Pentaxian
Andrea K's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 451
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yes! exactly. When using as laptop mode, using a mouse, it is easy to change camera settings during tethering. However, when I fold my ultrabook in portrait orientation (or landscape), there is no way I can change settings with the touch screen, because my fingers are way too large relative to the drop down menus. Also , if I accidentally starts the application twice, two instances of the application are running and the K1 starts firing burst shots in LV mode and never stops. If the drop down menus could be used with a finger touch , that would be really cool.
Hi, to be more accurate, the problem is open the dropdown menus or select a value inside of them?

Thank you.
05-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
rechmbrs's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 416
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hi, to be more accurate, the problem is open the dropdown menus or select a value inside of them?

Thank you.
Problem is picking the value not getting the dropdown to open.

In portrait, I most often use a stylus as almost all apps are very hard to use. The long narrow stylus allows me to pinpoint the location on the screen so much easier. Screen viewing with a stylus is much better than having a hammy hand in the way. In either portrait or landscape, using the stylus for setting the focus point is so much more accurate than the fingers.

I'd recommend whether you increase the value size in the dropdowns or not that users looking into using a stylus. Tie the stylus to the pc securely and carry a second in the bag.

With laptops it is usable screen versus weight. My small laptop is 11in and 2 lbs and must have stylus. My large one is 15in and almost 5 lbs works great on desktop.

RONC

05-18-2018, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian
Andrea K's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 451
Original Poster
ok I think I understand.

In the meanwhile who downloaded the app please, redownload through the "DOWNLOAD" buttons on the site. Now the lack of connection is managed and the app invites the user to establish the wifi connection. Apart from this the v.1.0.1 has the autoupdate function, in this way the app checks at every start if there is any new release.
05-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,496
Works great on my PC.
Haven't tried it on my 2in1 yet. Thanks for your effort on this.
05-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #26
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,628
As a non-EU person, the PayPal donate page initially confused me. In part because it is written in Italian, but also because it uses EU currency notation (ie Eur 25,00 vs Eur 25.00).

Nonetheless I am happy to report that it works. PayPal was able to figure it all out.
05-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #27
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lyon
Posts: 31
Great job, Andrea! I'm trying it for a big job next week.
Just an idea about section "download". when i click right on preview in section "camera" and when i make my choice, software ask me every time where i want to download it. maybe in preferences, tell where is the path definitively.
And maybe too, the possibility to zoom in the preview downloaded.
thanks for your work.
05-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #28
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 20
Can't run 1.0 on laptop

I downloaded 1.0.2, unzip, ran setup, and after it checked for update, it said components not available and quit when I press OK.
This is on my laptop running Windows 7, connected to internet. (I was able to run your beta previously.)

I checked its log, and realized that it was because of 404 error on your server...

http://www.wificommanderpentax.com/update/update/WiFiCommanderForPentax.application
gave:
404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:
www.wificommanderpentax.com/update/update/WiFiCommanderForPentax.application (port 80)

For future use, is it possible to direct the software NOT to check update?
Reason is, while testing I'm connecting to internet, so supposedly it should be able to connect and update,
but in my use case, it would have NO internet access, so update would NOT be possible, and it would be a shame that the app can't be used because of that...

Thanks,
Gilbert
05-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #29
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,628
QuoteOriginally posted by gilbie2000 Quote
For future use, is it possible to direct the software NOT to check update?
+1. It should be a configuration option. Users out in the field don't always have Internet enabled on their devices.

I also generally don't like applications talking online without direct permission.
05-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #30
Pentaxian
Andrea K's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 451
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
As a non-EU person, the PayPal donate page initially confused me. In part because it is written in Italian, but also because it uses EU currency notation (ie Eur 25,00 vs Eur 25.00).

Nonetheless I am happy to report that it works. PayPal was able to figure it all out.
thank you, really.

I changed some settings on paypal system, I hope it's better now.

Cheers

---------- Post added 20-05-18 at 21:36 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gilbie2000 Quote
I downloaded 1.0.2, unzip, ran setup, and after it checked for update, it said components not available and quit when I press OK.
This is on my laptop running Windows 7, connected to internet. (I was able to run your beta previously.)

I checked its log, and realized that it was because of 404 error on your server...

http://www.wificommanderpentax.com/update/update/WiFiCommanderForPentax.application
gave:
404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:
www.wificommanderpentax.com/update/update/WiFiCommanderForPentax.application (port 80)

For future use, is it possible to direct the software NOT to check update?
Reason is, while testing I'm connecting to internet, so supposedly it should be able to connect and update,
but in my use case, it would have NO internet access, so update would NOT be possible, and it would be a shame that the app can't be used because of that...

Thanks,
Gilbert
I apologize for the problem. I solved on the back end, can you retry with and without internet access?

I tried to use the embedded Windows system to update apps but I discovered that it really works only with Certified apps, for other apps this system breaks all ....
Then I'm at work to build a proprietary system that only notifies for updated releases. Obviously there is also a setting that leaves at the user the choice to check for updates at app start...

---------- Post added 20-05-18 at 21:39 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gilal Quote
Great job, Andrea! I'm trying it for a big job next week.
Just an idea about section "download". when i click right on preview in section "camera" and when i make my choice, software ask me every time where i want to download it. maybe in preferences, tell where is the path definitively.
And maybe too, the possibility to zoom in the preview downloaded.
thanks for your work.
Nice idea, thanks.

Last edited by Andrea K; 05-20-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
access, app, apps, bulb, button, camera, check, choice, click, commander, commander for pentax, direction, dslr, idea, internet, job, page, pentax, photography, portrait, preview, section, system, thanks, wifi, wifi commander, windows
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 10 kept resetting pictures file to photo app raider Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 14 10-14-2017 05:17 PM
Windows & K-1 Android App rgknief60 Pentax K-1 3 11-19-2016 04:48 PM
K-S2 wifi vs K-1 wifi robtcorl Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 7 04-03-2016 09:54 AM
Can I use PhotoSync app as an alternative to Image Sync WIFI app? Astroaurora Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 12-24-2015 01:25 PM
NEW PRODUCT: Canon, Olympus, and Nikon unveil App-e-ture: the app store for your digi johnmflores Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 3 04-06-2010 10:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top