Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2021, 01:34 PM   #76
Forum Member

I tried to install it on Windows11.
Got an error. I could not figure it out or whether the settings in the camera are incorrect or the error is related to Windows 11.

When connected, the Live View image is not displayed, and when you click on a button in the program, the connection is triggered multiple times. The camera screen often blinks and some kind of inscription flashes on it. At the same time, the mirror is constantly triggered (you can hear how it goes down and up many times)

What could be the problem?

12-24-2021, 01:11 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

with what camera model?

Thanks
12-24-2021, 05:02 AM   #78
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hi,

with what camera model?

Thanks
Hello
I have a Pentax K-1.
I could not figure it out. For now, I use your program exclusively for downloading photos via Wi-Fi. The camera does not want to work normally when connected to a computer - the live view screen is not visible, when you press the live view button in the program - K -1 slaps the mirror and blinks the screen. If I connect the camera to the phone via Image Sync, everything works well (you can see the live view screen in the camera, there is focusing, you can take a picture).

Thanks a lot for your answer
12-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ok, have you got an antivirus?

Please, after this strange behavior, download the log via the Preferences menu and send it at info@wificommanderpentax.com

12-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #80
Forum Member

Ok, have you got an antivirus?

Please, after this strange behavior, download the log via the Preferences menu and send it at info@wificommanderpentax.com
Hello
I sent you a log file and a link to the video on YouTube.
Below is a screen from Image Sync (Pentax) - everything is in order there. The live view screen is visible and focusing is working.
The settings are the same - single frame in the info menu.
I have an antivirus installed. I turned it off (control mode), but the error situation did not disappear

Sincerely, Alexander
Attached Images

01-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #81

www.wificommanderpentax.com offline

Hello,

I just buy a pentax KP and was hyped by your app but you website This website is temporarily unavailable seem to be down at least since a week.

Is there a way to download the latest version ?

Thanks for all.

regards
01-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

the website seems online to me, please retry: Wifi Commander for Pentax - wireless remote control for your Pentax camera

Best Regards

01-17-2022, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #83
Forum Member

Hi,

the website seems online to me, please retry: Wifi Commander for Pentax - wireless remote control for your Pentax camera

Best Regards
Andrea - Thank you for your work!!! I sent you some money for the development of the project through Paypal.

Although I still couldn't beat the slamming mirror on K-1 and the lack of live view on the computer, I still thank you
Got your latest email and checked zoom settings on the second monitor (100%) and laptop. But the problem didn't go away.
I thank you all in advance because I use your program to evaluate composition and exposure in product photography. Previously, I had to constantly pull out a memory card and run to insert it into my laptop - now I look through Wi-Fi

Sincerely
Alexander
02-06-2022, 02:37 AM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by restyl Quote
I tried to install it on Windows11.
Got an error. I could not figure it out or whether the settings in the camera are incorrect or the error is related to Windows 11.

When connected, the Live View image is not displayed, and when you click on a button in the program, the connection is triggered multiple times. The camera screen often blinks and some kind of inscription flashes on it. At the same time, the mirror is constantly triggered (you can hear how it goes down and up many times)

What could be the problem?
On the K3II with flu card there were some hidden restrictions like automatic horizon correction blocking the remote operation/live view. The symptoms resemble yours, maybe same on newer models with wifi? The solution was to switch off horizon correction....
03-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #85

Photos: Gallery
Thanks so much for this, what an amazing thing!