Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2018, 04:13 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gilbie2000 Quote
Hi Andrea,

Here is a response to your quick reply a little while ago. I did a little more testing, 1.0.2, ...
1) With your instructions, I can now find the zoom and associated move. It works great.
However, the move direction is counter-intuitive on a tablet: when I swipe left, the image moves right instead.
(On PC's, we have the Mac and Win approach which are exactly opposite. But on tablets, most people want the fingers to move the image same direction.
That's at least the way other Windows apps work...)

2) I noticed, on further testing, that when the tablet moves from landscape to portrait direction, the program in tablet adjust correspondingly - that is good and default in tablet.
However, when the camera moves from landscape to portrait, there is NO corresponding change in the image displayed.
I think that is the behavior programmed by Pentax. However, is it possible to receive the portrait direction sensor from the camera?
If so, can we auto-shift? If not, can we have a manual shift from landscape to portrait?
Looking at the image the proper way is useful in composition, not to mention that maybe we can also optimize the image display size as well. Is that do-able?

Thanks,
Gilbert
1) When in Live View Zoom you have to click, in the direction that you want, not to swipe.
2) Yep, I'm at work on this

---------- Post added 28-05-18 at 13:23 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
I've some ideas/questions:
  • How about longer exposure times in Bulb mode? Currently just 30s are available in each program mode. All other apps are limited to this too
  • How about the display of battery status in percent like in the app "Photo Sync" ?
  • I'd wish to have the ability to change skins regarding the device i'm using -
    - tablet skin with written names under symbold (like in MS IE5) as well as larger option areas/text size for easier touch operation
    - current not-touchscreen optimized (mouse) skin without icon labels
  • New icons which are easier to understand (only green button is known from Kamera)
  • overlay when viewing photos on the SD which shows the active focus point(s) used? Would be an great feature
BULB. In BULB there are two possibilities. Normal Bulb behavior: in B mode you have to click the shoot button to start the exposure and then click to stop when you want. Timer Bulb Behavior: in B mode you have to press the green button to switch in timer mode, now you can set more than 30s values. I can't check now the exact steps, sorry.
BATTERY. Image Sync shown percentage? Are you sure?
TABLET MODE. A better support to tablets is in my list
ICONS. Icons are: Reset connection, Green button, Live View, Shoot
FOCUS POINTS REVIEW. Would be useful but also it's a big work...

Last edited by Andrea K; 05-28-2018 at 06:01 AM.
05-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
BULB. In BULB there are two possibilities. Normal Bulb behavior: in B mode you have to click the shoot button to start the exposure and then click to stop when you want. Timer Bulb Behavior: in B mode you have to press the green button to switch in timer mode, now you can set more than 30s values. I can't check now the exact steps, sorry.
BATTERY. Image Sync shown percentage? Are you sure?
FOCUS POINTS REVIEW. Would be useful but also it's a big work...
BULB: timer mode sounds great, i have to try it!
BATTERY: After i'd write my question, i realized it's only the display which differs. Values are just in 1/3 steps too.
FOCUS POINTS REVIEW: I believe it'd be a lot of time and work. Maybe an feature for an extended pro version of the WiFi Commander?
05-28-2018, 03:17 PM - 3 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just a note for those of you wanting all those features - Andrea is doing this with time available and is to be commended on efforts so far. Some requests require a significant amount of developmental/debugging time so keep it reasonable (features that are worth the effort to others as well and features that are practical). Also, shoot a donation Andrea's way to make worth the time and effort, and to support those added features. This could really develop into a great Pentax tool but only if it's supported the right way by the Pentax community
05-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Just a note for those of you wanting all those features ...so keep it reasonable
Agreed.

Users should note that they are not submitting feature requests to an enterprise on the scale of Microsoft or Apple (or Ricoh) ...

This application should aim to do a few important things, and do them well, within the modest capabilities of the camera interface. No need to pile up huge feature wish-lists for the developer.

05-29-2018, 01:24 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Just a note for those of you wanting all those features - Andrea is doing this with time available and is to be commended on efforts so far. Some requests require a significant amount of developmental/debugging time so keep it reasonable (features that are worth the effort to others as well and features that are practical). Also, shoot a donation Andrea's way to make worth the time and effort, and to support those added features. This could really develop into a great Pentax tool but only if it's supported the right way by the Pentax community
You've just been hired at the advertising department
05-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just coming back here to thank you again for your work.
05-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wondered why that Amazon drone dropped a cubicle in my front yard

05-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Thanks Andrea

This is great and works very well om my Win10 Laptop

Well done
06-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #54
Pentaxian

hI THERE,

thank you for developing this. ..
One question. .. Maybe silly, but ...

Where is the WI FI password ? I cannot set up my conection without one

I have KP, and win8

thanks

06-07-2018, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
hI THERE,

thank you for developing this. ..
One question. .. Maybe silly, but ...

Where is the WI FI password ? I cannot set up my conection without one

I have KP, and win8

thanks

Hi,

you have to check in the KP manual under "Using the Camera with a Communication Device" section.

Happy use of Wifi Commander for Pentax!

Cheers
06-07-2018, 02:45 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Hi,

you have to check in the KP manual under "Using the Camera with a Communication Device" section.

Happy use of Wifi Commander for Pentax!

Cheers
I tried to find that info online manual here , but I have no see any paswords there

EDIT

FOUND !

lets play !

---------- Post added 06-07-18 at 03:12 AM ----------

It's working. I love that. I don't know is everything is working fine, but as I can see from first look, everything is fine.

I would donate to keep doing good work !

Last edited by panonski; 06-07-2018 at 02:53 AM.
06-07-2018, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
It's working. I love that. I don't know is everything is working fine, but as I can see from first look, everything is fine.

I would donate to keep doing good work !
This is even easier, there is a DONATE button on the website Wifi Commander for Pentax and inside the app....
06-07-2018, 05:49 AM   #58
Pentaxian

This is even easier, there is a DONATE button on the website Wifi Commander for Pentax and inside the app....
yes Andrea I can see it, and I have seen it immidately on the first use
06-18-2018, 04:59 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

v 1.0.4 is online.

Release notes:
- New Live View Rotate function to support portrait orientation.
- Rearranged AutoFocus options.
- Some bugfixes.

Enjoy!
07-02-2018, 01:13 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

v 1.0.5 is online with this release note:

"PLEASE, FIRST UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS. I changed the installer to solve the problems that many users have encountered during the installation phase"

Next step is "Programmed Shots" function (!!) and in the future there will be macOS compatibility (!!!). I hope also in interest about these ones.

Cheers