Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2018, 05:14 PM - 13 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Wifi Commander for Pentax is online (Windows app)

Hi,

after many beta releases finally there is the first public release, the v 1.0.0 (we are now at the v 1.0.4.0). It's freeware and you can see more info and download it from:

Wifi Commander for Pentax

The procedure to install is:
- Download the zip file and unzip it to a new directory.
- From this directory launch the setup.exe file
- There may be a warning, about the software Editor, but go ahead

After this you have to connect the camera with the computer through the wifi lan, you can check the procedure (where is the password, how you can activate the wireless hot spot, etc..) on the camera manual.
When the camera wifi hotspot is active you can connect as you already do with a normal wireless router or access point.
On the k-1 manual the title of the section is "Using the Camera with a Communication Device.

If you have problems with NORTON please check this
https://community.norton.com/en/forums/how-get-norton-360-stop-deleting-prog...t-thinks-virus

I hope that you could find it useful.

Cheers!

Last edited by Andrea K; 06-19-2018 at 03:02 AM. Reason: v 1.0.4 online
05-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool! Does this use the new API at all, or is it more of a desktop recreation of Image Sync?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you!
05-16-2018, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Very cool! Does this use the new API at all, or is it more of a desktop recreation of Image Sync?
Adam,
In the new SDKs, there isn't an API for PC and WiFi. There is one for PC and USB. Andrea will make use of what he finds I'm sure.

This works so well on older laptop as well as latest beast. I'm using with a second WiFi (USB dongle) which is Internet connected to distribute the images.

Andrea did an excellent job on this software.

Can this thread be made Sticky?

RONC

05-16-2018, 07:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
fter many beta releases finally there is the first public release
Looks awesome. Great work!
05-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool !
Are "older" (Pentax) cameras supported?
If so, which ones ?
05-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
From the FAQ:

"The app relies on RICOH / PENTAX wifi API, the same behind their Image Sync mobile app"

05-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Wonderful! It is amazing what some people can do!
05-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Cool !
Are "older" (Pentax) cameras supported?
If so, which ones ?
Only those models with built-in Wi-Fi. WFC acts as a client to those cameras' built-in Web server in the same manner as the Image Sync app for iOS and Android. The difference is that it runs on the Windows operating system with the full abilities of the PC at its disposal.

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
I'm using with a second WiFi (USB dongle) which is Internet connected to distribute the images.
And part of that ability is to be able to support multiple network adapters.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-16-2018 at 08:24 PM.
05-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great. Yes and no. It's free, I cannot complain. But I notice that those large sensors cameras seems to be such as small market that there is not a single Wifi remote apps software done right. I have a slim convertible tablet-ultrabook with high IQ display, touch screen, and powerful processing power. Usability of that Wifi app could be great, but it's not because it is very hard to change any camera settings with touchscreen. I'm actually rather surprised that Ricoh don't offer a well rounded Wifi apps bundled with the K1 , because it could a really really enjoyable solution for shooting on location.
05-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wow, sounds great, will this work with the K3+FluCard ?
05-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I don't believe my K1's have Wifi?? So I guess that I will not be able to use this new software on my iPhone or iPad??
05-16-2018, 10:41 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I don't believe my K1's have Wifi??
The K-1 does indeed have in-built Wifi support.

[p-88 of the manual]
05-16-2018, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't believe my K1's have Wifi??
They sure do, and GPS.

So I guess that I will not be able to use this new software on my iPhone or iPad??
This is a Windows app, use ImageSync on your iPhone and iPad.
05-17-2018, 12:32 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Great. Yes and no. It's free, I cannot complain. But I notice that those large sensors cameras seems to be such as small market that there is not a single Wifi remote apps software done right. I have a slim convertible tablet-ultrabook with high IQ display, touch screen, and powerful processing power. Usability of that Wifi app could be great, but it's not because it is very hard to change any camera settings with touchscreen. I'm actually rather surprised that Ricoh don't offer a well rounded Wifi apps bundled with the K1 , because it could a really really enjoyable solution for shooting on location.
You mean that I have to enlarge the dropdownlists? Explain the problem in a PM or through the site's contact form, please. I would be very happy to increase the app compatibility