Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shot pictures of my son's high school marching band and football team usint the Tamron 70 - 200mm f2.8 and a K-70. The setup worked very well for me and all the families were very pleased with the shots.

05-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #17

Original Poster
77me - I am all to familiar with the 2nd hoop pic with multiple hands or the K-3 pic. I think the K-1 pic is better and I would like to see more if you have them. Maybe I am expecting to much from the camera/lens/ from this price point or operator error(me) is definitely a serious possibility. I know I'm not going to get SI quality with this price point but I would like to feel good about the pics I do give out. Also if you or anyone else has any from night time football from the sidelines from the K-1 I would love to see them! Thank you again for the comparison pics, hugely helpful!!

gm4life - Both the K-3 and the KP both have the same 24MP - APS-C CMOS Sensor. I'm thinking It would be more of the same, even with a couple of stops better. I'm thinking bigger sensor better quality but I might be missing the boat on just that comparison.

Mikesbikes - I to loving giving pics I take to the players, coaches and parents. My basketball pics are not worthy of giving in my opinion and only my daily light football pics are good enough quality to pass on in my opinion(night time are just to noisy, even as a freebie).

Thank you all for commenting it has been a huge help. I love learning from you guys. Any other tidbits that you think are helpful, please pass along I will definitely be monitoring this thread with eager anticipation.
05-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is the accelerator chip in the KP which is the difference maker from the K-3. That and the firmware make 6000 ISO shots very usable. With my KP 12800 is OK and just needs the saturation increased a bit to look like a Pentax camera took the shot. The K-1 is a beauty but you need the MK II or the KP for what you are looking to improve.
05-26-2018, 12:27 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tracermat Quote
77me - I am all to familiar with the 2nd hoop pic with multiple hands or the K-3 pic. I think the K-1 pic is better and I would like to see more if you have them. Maybe I am expecting to much from the camera/lens/ from this price point or operator error(me) is definitely a serious possibility. I know I'm not going to get SI quality with this price point but I would like to feel good about the pics I do give out. Also if you or anyone else has any from night time football from the sidelines from the K-1 I would love to see them! Thank you again for the comparison pics, hugely helpful!!

gm4life - Both the K-3 and the KP both have the same 24MP - APS-C CMOS Sensor. I'm thinking It would be more of the same, even with a couple of stops better. I'm thinking bigger sensor better quality but I might be missing the boat on just that comparison.

Mikesbikes - I to loving giving pics I take to the players, coaches and parents. My basketball pics are not worthy of giving in my opinion and only my daily light football pics are good enough quality to pass on in my opinion(night time are just to noisy, even as a freebie).

Thank you all for commenting it has been a huge help. I love learning from you guys. Any other tidbits that you think are helpful, please pass along I will definitely be monitoring this thread with eager anticipation.
I couldn't find any similar K-3 pictures, but here is a K-1 at ISO 8000.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo