Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Great news Brad

let us know how you go mate

I buy from Teds as well.. one salesgirls at a store I wont return to looked at me silly when I asked could I order this in if you do not stock it... or could you try Sumsung for me to see if they will be bringing stock into the country, ...I had after all purchased the Camera from Teds.

Neil

02-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #17

SBG-D1V Sansung Battery Grip GX-10 GX-20

Howdy All.

The SBG-D1V Samsung Battery Grip for GX10 and GX20 (slightly different shape to the Pentax equivalent) is now available to order in Australia. The grip is listed on Teds Camera Stores listings (not on website yet) and can be ordered in. Not sure about other stores? The RRP in Teds is $199 AU. If other stores don't know what you are talking about, Simon (manager) at Teds Rundle Street, Adelaide will sort you, He was most helpful.
Thankyou to Ben at Samsung!
Yay.
Good luck.
02-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #18

Thank you brad, will order one for sure.. as I found the GX-20 don't like battery low and cause focus hunting + funny exposure.

Do you know is the battery grip come with battery or not ?
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brad Quote
Howdy All.

The SBG-D1V Samsung Battery Grip for GX10 and GX20 (slightly different shape to the Pentax equivalent) is now available to order in Australia. The grip is listed on Teds Camera Stores listings (not on website yet) and can be ordered in. Not sure about other stores? The RRP in Teds is $199 AU. If other stores don't know what you are talking about, Simon (manager) at Teds Rundle Street, Adelaide will sort you, He was most helpful.
Thankyou to Ben at Samsung!
Yay.
Good luck.
Thanks Brad

very kind of you to post... and also thanks for the PM linking me in the loop

The price is quite good as well

Neil

02-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #20

samsung battery grio

Yeah, it's a good price. I haven't got it in my hand yet though.. It does not come with a battery. Has anyone bought a good aftermarket battery, or even come across a samsung one in retail, for what $ if so. Cheers.
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Brad

I have 2 batteries... got my second from Teds.. the price was ridiculously high, but paid it cause I was going away for a holiday and thought it would be needed... forget the exact figure as it was about 9 months ago... thats why I commented on the good price of the grip as i was thinking back in comparison

Cheers mate

Neil
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #22

GX10 Battery Grips - I have seen them on ebay - from hongkong - but since the slump many things no longer show up!
Try that, good luck
Gumpa

Last edited by gumpa; 02-21-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: missed information on subject
03-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #23
Forum Member

I noticed that there are 2 metal joints on the Samsung SBG D1V but the pentax DBG2 got three, If I remove that additional metal joint can I use the Pentax grip on the Samsung GX20?

03-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #24

as far as i no you can not use the pentax grip on the samsung. i read a review of the pentax grip where the reviewer having both cameras tried it on the samsung and although it kinda fit the funtions would not work. aperantly the pins are set up differently
i do not remember the address for the review as i had read several that day
sorry i cant give link but hope that helps some
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
Forum Member

hi ford perfect,
thanks for your information, I will go for a K20D rather than a Samsung GX20
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #26

Thanks for the news, Brad. It turned out to be a more reasonable price than I thought too.

I had a link which I lost where someone manage to get a pentax grip to fit a GX10, looked a bit rough though.
04-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #27

I bought my grip from Dustin home - Hemelektronik på Internet - 221 in sweden. I got it in a couple of days. Very nice battery grip.
04-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #28

samsung battery grip

Hey Guys,
The Battery grip came in (from Teds Rundle st Adelaide Australia) at AU $199.95. Nice quality, good price, fits snug on the camera. Has slot in the battery tray for original samsung remote and a sd card (storage only, doesn't access card) You can select in camera whether the camera uses grip battery first (easier access to recharge once the grip is on) or the in camera battery or auto. Grip takes one standard samsung/pentax lithium battery (not supplied) Photos attached.
Brad
Attached Images

04-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #29

Samsung Battery Grip for GX20

More Photos
Brad
Attached Images

05-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #30

Crap quality

IMHO the quality of this battery grip is rubbish. Having owned one for more than two months I have stopped using it after having had to disassamble/reassable it twice to get buttons working. The weather sealing is fine, but heavy use dents the metal "springs" under the buttons and I need to manually "undent" them to make the grip usable.

Why build a "tank quality" body like this, and then use such crap quality components for the wheels and button? This is the first buy of Pentax/Samsung gear that has been a real let-down. Looks cool though.