Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Samsung Battery Grip

OK I will give the new forum a try. I live in the USA and can not find the Samsung GX10 battery grip anywhere this side of the world . I called Samsung they gave me the phone number for two of their international distributors who did not even list it, much less have it in stock. I called my local camera shop, nope can not get. Its on Samsungs USA web site, I have seen it listed in the UK but ...

Does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks

09-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

James

I posted a request for this a while back... the same problem exists in Australia.

I rang Samsung Aust and they put me onto a distributor... no luck.

When I read the review of the Samsung gx20 (australian review) it was tested with the Battery Grip connected.

Anyway I found it for sale only on a Korean site... transalted the site to english and attempted to purchase.. had to join the site but could not get any further after a dozen failed attempts I gave up.

Sumsung are way off the mark here not having this great addon available.

So I too put out a request for help in getting the grip.

oh yes it is readily available in the UK... but all the sellers would not send to Australia

Neil
09-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Maybe this small german company can help:

TeKaDe - Deutschlands und Österreichs Pentax Shop Nr. 1 - Samsung Batteriegriff für GX-10/GX20 SBG-D1V Samsung_bgGX-102

They do have the grip on stock but I don't know whether they ship it to the US. TeKaDe is quite small but reliable as far as I can tell (bought my DA 2,8/35 there, no Probs. The Owner of the company regularely posts in some german forums). Just contact them by mail, I think they will answer ;-)

PS: Shipping is 60 Euros. Whoooooa! :-/ One better orders some new glass there too, to reduce the pain about these shipping cost

Last edited by archinaut; 09-10-2008 at 10:01 AM.
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks archinaut

phew ... agree on shipping costs.

I will check them out to see if they ship to Aust... all of the UK sites I found that stocked this did not ship to USA or Aust.

I find it silly that Samsung think that this item would not be wanted or needed in a few countries.

Promote the camera and just forget about the extras

When looking at the site I could not find an English option... maybe our dutch speaking members could help out ?

Neil

09-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Inactive Account

It isn't dutch but german ;-)

What kind of help do you need? Asking TeKaDe, whether they ship to Australia or not?
09-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by archinaut Quote
It isn't dutch but german ;-)

What kind of help do you need? Asking TeKaDe, whether they ship to Australia or not?

Thanks for the reply... my ignorance there, I thought the languages were almost the same... sorry if I offended.

I would like to know if they do ship to Australia.

Now I wont get into talking Australian English cause you may not understand a word I say

Neil
09-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by archinaut Quote
Maybe this small german company can help:

TeKaDe - Deutschlands und Österreichs Pentax Shop Nr. 1 - Samsung Batteriegriff für GX-10/GX20 SBG-D1V Samsung_bgGX-102

They do have the grip on stock but I don't know whether they ship it to the US. TeKaDe is quite small but reliable as far as I can tell (bought my DA 2,8/35 there, no Probs. The Owner of the company regularely posts in some german forums). Just contact them by mail, I think they will answer ;-)

PS: Shipping is 60 Euros. Whoooooa! :-/ One better orders some new glass there too, to reduce the pain about these shipping cost
Thanks for the link. I translated the pages and found they do ship all over the world at a considerable cost to the US, but I emailed them and got this reply

"we can shipped the grip to USA,
shipping coast EUR 19,95."

about $28 US not bad but the grip is about $210, but all things considering not bad and thanks. They do have someone who can speak english and I think I will give it a go. I will let everyone know if I do, and how it turned out.

Not bad,

09-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesm007 Quote
Thanks for the link. I translated the pages and found they do ship all over the world at a considerable cost to the US, but I emailed them and got this reply

"we can shipped the grip to USA,
shipping coast EUR 19,95."

about $28 US not bad but the grip is about $210, but all things considering not bad and thanks. They do have someone who can speak english and I think I will give it a go. I will let everyone know if I do, and how it turned out.

Not bad,

James

how do you translate the page?

thanks Neil
09-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I wrote to them too and received the same answer:
'Sehr geehrter Herr [archinaut],

gerne könne wir nach Australien liefern.
In Frage käme Versand per Päckchen zum Preis von EUR 19,95.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reimund Schuster
Inhaber'

that means he kindly agrees shipping to Australia. Costs would be 19,95 EUR (no insurance, no express shipping). Signed by the owner of the company. I'm quite shure, you can contact him in english via info[at]tekade.de

;-)
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
James

how do you translate the page?

thanks Neil
click this: Übersetzte Version von http://www.tekade.de/

But even if my own english is a little bit 'corroded' () it's obvious that the machine translation has some severe problems

Quite funny what it does with my personal website:
Übersetzte Version von http://www.derarchinaut.de/

09-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Quite funny what it does with my personal website:
Übersetzte Version von Der Archinaut Startseite

that is funny
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Fortunatelly, pictures don't need no translation ;-)
11-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #13

Supply can be a bit hit and miss in the UK, I had no problems getting mine. Some dealers have them, others don't, fortunately my local dealer (a regional chain) did have one in group stock and procured it for me within a few days. If you still have problems, try Park Cameras or Equipment Express in the UK. My local store's Wilkinson Cameras - www.wikinson.co.uk [4].
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #14

An alternative in Korea

Hey guys,

Not sure if you are still interested, but I live in Korea and I got my grip from this website:

Gmarket: Global E-Marketplace

as you can see is in English, I know the do have international shipping, no idea about the cost, but I've seen the option.

Hope it could work for you guys, I really love the grip, wouldn't change it!!

Good luck,

Harvey
01-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #15

samsung battery grip sbg-D1V

Howdy Guys,

I've been speaking to Samsung Australia over the last 12 months, firstly over a warranty issue which was finally resolved. After I had made contact with an executive on the inside, I enquired about all the accessories we find listed but never find available to order/buy. After many emails, samsung has ordered the SBG-D1V battery grip for GX10 and GX20 into Australia and I should be ordering one to my closest TEDS store this week, Jan 09. I'll post my result and the RRP. Maybe even a photo as proof!

Cheers.
Brad