Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2022, 08:56 AM   #241
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
why not
α7IV , has much better AF?
One of my photog friends had been using an a7IV on his wildlife/hiking shoots for about a year now, but I noticed a couple of months ago he wasn't carrying it on our nature walks, going with some Nikon DSLR instead. I'll have to remember to ask him why he changed cameras. I'm pretty sure he still has the Sony because he used it at a model shoot a few weeks ago.

02-01-2022, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #242
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
One of my photog friends had been using an a7IV on his wildlife/hiking shoots for about a year now, but I noticed a couple of months ago he wasn't carrying it on our nature walks, going with some Nikon DSLR instead. I'll have to remember to ask him why he changed cameras. I'm pretty sure he still has the Sony because he used it at a model shoot a few weeks ago.
For me personally I could never give up an OVF for nature photography or hiking. I love to have the camera off sometimes and just frame my potential shots while walking.
02-01-2022, 01:03 PM   #243

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
For me personally I could never give up an OVF for nature photography or hiking. I love to have the camera off sometimes and just frame my potential shots while walking.
I fully approve of your words! I find it uncomfortable to have to turn on the camera just to see what the shot would look like. I use the Mirrorless only for certain types of photos, but if I have to take pictures in motion, nature or shooting in the city, I prefer DSLRs.
02-01-2022, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #244
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe we should move this away from people who avoid Pentax and concentrate on folks who've actually used a K-3iii and Sony gear. They all seem to have different opinions than Dan... who has an answer for everything, but almost no understanding of any Pentax released in the last 10 years.
Like this post.
Pentax K-3III Trade Up Deal - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

I'm not sure why anyone would be comparing a 36 MP FF landscape camera to a 24 MP camera geared more towards action. The Sony is more like a K-3iii than it is like a full frame, without the reach advantage. But compared to a K-1ii, that's apples to oranges. Do you want landscape or action? There's your choice. And if you want action, look at a k-3iii first.

There is nothing on the Sony that will get you a K-1ii pixel shift image. And nothing on a K-1ii that will give you the Sony ability as an action camera.

Last edited by normhead; 02-01-2022 at 02:19 PM.