Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,766
Asking a favour.

I was researching pricing on a Pentax lens earlier tonight and amongst the sites I visited was Amazon....who returned no results for Pentax lenses, I then searched for dslr's and again no result for Pentax.

Now.... I could be doing it wrong, so the favour is could someone please do an Amazon search for Pentax products and see what you come up with. Surely I am doing something wrong. ?? (I have only used Amazon a couple times, the last being a few years back).

06-14-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 39
There is almost nothing Pentax related in the Australian Amazon.
06-14-2018, 06:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,766
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by steve-rsa Quote
There is almost nothing Pentax related in the Australian Amazon.
This was Amazon US.....and there was nothing that I could find.
06-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2018
Photos: Albums
Posts: 78
Plenty of items on the UK site, some stock, no different to what it was last year as far as I can see

06-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,280
On Amazon USA I see everything from K1000 to K-1 II for sale, and lenses:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?tag=pentaxforums-20&url=search-ali...eywords=Pentax

On Amazon AU there aren't as many results, but there is stuff there.

amazon.com.au: Pentax?tag=pentaxforums-20&
06-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,766
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
On Amazon USA I see everything from K1000 to K-1 II for sale, and lenses:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?tag=pentaxforums-20&url=search-ali...eywords=Pentax

On Amazon AU there aren't as many results, but there is stuff there.

amazon.com.au: Pentax?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Thankyou. God knows what I was on (tried it twice with the same results), it had every other camera except Pentax, had Ricoh theta (looked there just in case Pentax was listed under Ricoh). Gone back now and get the same home page, and now Pentax comes up with a good choice.
Very weird....but probably error 330
Cheers
06-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,153
Also in South Australia. Can see Pentax stuff on the US Amazon site. But we in Oz are about to be barred by Amazon from buying on the US site from 1 July in response to our new laws on collecting Goods and Services Tax (VAT equivalent here in Oz) on offshore purchases.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM ----------

Pentax stuff on the Aussie Amazon site looks to be the DcXpert EBay store cross listing onto Amazon.
06-14-2018, 06:41 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Shelton, CT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 418
Probably using DPR's link to Amazon. :-)

06-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,766
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by steve_k Quote
Probably using DPR's link to Amazon. :-)
I was wondering...thus the question.

---------- Post added 06-15-18 at 01:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Also in South Australia. Can see Pentax stuff on the US Amazon site. But we in Oz are about to be barred by Amazon from buying on the US site from 1 July in response to our new laws on collecting Goods and Services Tax (VAT equivalent here in Oz) on offshore purchases.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM ----------

Pentax stuff on the Aussie Amazon site looks to be the DcXpert EBay store cross listing onto Amazon.
Oh yes, the sweethearts....watch the prices rise. Fortuneatley I am in the US later this year, so have options.
06-14-2018, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South West UK
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,052
Probably you had a (wrong) category selected in the dropdown next to the search bar...done that a few times.
06-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
wstruth's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: at my kitchen table
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 624
I just searched "pentax lens" and came up with 20 pages of product on Amazon.com.
06-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,153
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
I was wondering...thus the question.

---------- Post added 06-15-18 at 01:07 AM ----------



Oh yes, the sweethearts....watch the prices rise. Fortuneatley I am in the US later this year, so have options.
Don't just walk into a store or you will get state sales tax added on. I did that at Adorama NY once and got another 7.5% added on. Still a better price than I could do in Oz at the time and no worse than if I had ordered it online and had it posted.
06-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,766
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Don't just walk into a store or you will get state sales tax added on. I did that at Adorama NY once and got another 7.5% added on. Still a better price than I could do in Oz at the time and no worse than if I had ordered it online and had it posted.
Have spoken with B&H and the hotel I am staying at, B&H happy to send it, hotel has a business centre receival for exactly this type of thing. Hopefully I wont need to use it.
06-20-2018, 03:51 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,153
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Have spoken with B&H and the hotel I am staying at, B&H happy to send it, hotel has a business centre receival for exactly this type of thing. Hopefully I wont need to use it.
That's good to know information.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon, camera, dslr, oz, pentax, photography, post, site, stuff
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A number of issues of a new member asking for response Ohrensessel Welcomes and Introductions 5 09-29-2016 12:47 AM
Do you favour the DA 21/40 for street due to its size? Conqueror Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 16 04-25-2015 08:55 AM
Photoshop Favour gurpswu Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 7 08-25-2011 03:57 PM
EOL 80-200 f/2.8 in favour of 50-135 f/2.8 Reportage Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 07-01-2010 01:05 PM
Do me a huge favour...please losecontrol Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 01-14-2009 12:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top