Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2018, 12:58 AM   #46

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Since it is only $80 difference between K-3ii and KP I would say the tilt-screen alone is worth the difference. Not to mention the better high-ISO and 5-axis SR.
As it is now I am considering only 2 options:
- KP
- wait for new ASP-C flagship (I am able to spend some more money to have it)

Usage of 2 new lenses which I bought give me fun for now.
Question which I am currently asking myself is - Is it worth to wait a year or so for successor of the K3ii. Summer period is where I use camera most. During Autumn or Winter I don't have so much time to do this. Then rather some family event shots.
In other words - if I will not buy now then I can probably wait for next Spring

07-12-2018, 11:34 AM - 7 Likes   #47

Original Poster
I have ordered KP It will be delivered tomorow. I fell like teenager before a first date

Thank you all for your support!
07-12-2018, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drimik Quote
I have ordered KP It will be delivered tomorow. I fell like teenager before a first date
Congratulations!

"Feels like being a teenager before a first date." Great marketing slogan for the KP!!!
07-12-2018, 09:11 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Congratulations!

"Feels like being a teenager before a first date." Great marketing slogan for the KP!!!
I had to chuckle at this one. At least on this date you will certainly get what you hoped for!

07-12-2018, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I had to chuckle at this one. At least on this date you will certainly get what you hoped for!
.....or more than you expected!!!
07-13-2018, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #51

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Haha good point!

I have not used to share my experiences with colleagues after a date but this time I will do an exception!
07-13-2018, 11:16 AM - 5 Likes   #52

Original Poster
This camera is AWSOME!!! I am smiling all the time

I got much more than I expected and I am so happy that I have decided to not wait another year or so...

Shutter is so quite, AF so fast and accurate, ISO 6400 is really good - image looks better than on ISO 800 on Kx
Auto white balance works super, viewfinder is so light and precise!

I was expecting a change but I got much more

07-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This camera is AWSOME!!! I am smiling all the time

I got much more than I expected and I am so happy that I have decided to not wait another year or so...

Shutter is so quite, AF so fast and accurate, ISO 6400 is really good - image looks better than on ISO 800 on Kx
Auto white balance works super, viewfinder is so light and precise!

I was expecting a change but I got much more
So glad you are happy but not surprised! Thanks for sharing your happiness!
07-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #54
Veteran Member

So happy for you. Now go make some pictures!
07-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This camera is AWSOME!!! I am smiling all the timeI got much more than I expected and I am so happy that I have decided to not wait another year or so...Shutter is so quite, AF so fast and accurate, ISO 6400 is really good - image looks better than on ISO 800 on KxAuto white balance works super, viewfinder is so light and precise!I was expecting a change but I got much more
Nice one, glad you are pleased, I may join you, but probably hang out for the K-3II replacement, if not a KP will fit the bill I'm sure
08-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #56
pxt

Best wishes with KP! I have the sam dilema, but shorter battery was crucial for me and I choose K3 II.
08-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A big congratulations on getting your new KP! I loved mine so much, I wound up getting a second body! I more recently also bought a Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC lens, and it is compact for what it is, and goes very well with the KP. Good fast glass with fine image quality. However, if you at some point decide to also get a more all-around lens having WR, good reliability with hardly any reports of bad copies, has one of the fastest, quiet, and accurate AF among Pentax lenses, and is very compact to complement the KP, it is hard to beat the DA 18-135mm DC WR lens. I find it to be a valuable tool.

Please see my recently-posted setup recommendations for the KP in the troubleshooting and beginner's section, in a thread by Tanguy- "New to photography and looking for advices..." who also wound up buying a KP.