Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2008, 02:48 AM   #16
per
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Jpeg is not important, I never use JPEG. Using JPEG is just plain stupid, reducing a expensive camera to some sort of polaroid beastiality. But I think I have gotten the answers I was looking for, the ist DS is a good camera and at some points it will even rival my K10D in performance, if I use raw there should not be any image quality issues either. Ofcourse it would be nice with a larger screen, but the camera will be used for taking pictures, not looking at them, We've got expensive computers for that, and many times looking at images on my K10D i have felt disappointed, but then imported them into LR and the colours have blown me away, i suspect i will experience the same with the DS.

And the camera this DS is replacing (Canon 300D) is really just a piece of crap and not a pentax either. With all the glass I have invested in it would be plain stupid to buy more canon gear, Then we would have two systems to update.

09-13-2008, 04:12 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by per Quote
Well the title says it all, would really like to hear peoples opinions. Have bought a cheap ist DS that Im giving to my GF, tried to sell my 18-55 and 50-200 but could not get a fair price so decided I was better of giving them away as a gift.

Fair gift or waste of money?
Keep it and convert into IR (infrared camera). It will be great thing to have. That's what I'm planning for my not used K100D Super in the near future.
09-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #18
per
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Might do that down the road, when I have invested in K30D (or K3D) and given the K10D to my gf