Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2018, 06:22 PM - 4 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Roberts camera and k-3 II

I sent a used like new camera back to Roberts camera for an exchange( it was acting a little quirky). When they shipped back my exchange there was an address mixup. They immediately emailed me and explained what happened and that as soon as ups sent it back to them they would overnight it to me. Well, I received my camera today and to my surprise there was a Flu card and an extra battery and the camera had a shutter count of 4. All I can say about their costumer service is fantastic!!!

Joe

06-20-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stargeezer Quote
I sent a used like new camera back to Roberts camera for an exchange( it was acting a little quirky). When they shipped back my exchange there was an address mixup. They immediately emailed me and explained what happened and that as soon as ups sent it back to them they would overnight it to me. Well, I received my camera today and to my surprise there was a Flu card and an extra battery and the camera had a shutter count of 4. All I can say about their costumer service is fantastic!!!

Joe

nice!

did you email them and thank them for their customer support?
06-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Roberts Camera customer support

So nice to hear of proper customer support. They obviously realize that true customer support is exceeding one's expectations, not just doing what was asked.
06-20-2018, 06:34 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
nice!

did you email them and thank them for their customer support?
Of course, also made sure the flu card and battery was not a mistake.
Joe

06-20-2018, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Of course, also made sure the flu card and battery was not a mistake.
Joe
It's always good to hear that they are continuing to earn their reputation. I purchased my first SLR, a Pentax ME/SE, from them in 1979.
06-20-2018, 06:44 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have made several purchases from Roberts and the experience has been uniformly positive. Your experience confirms my impression.

Steve
06-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a fan of Roberts, too. At least one camera body and several lenses from them.

06-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #8

I just picked up a DA 18-135 and an older F 100-300 from them on ebay. Hadn't heard of them prior, but glad I found them. Both lenses are, aside from minor handling marks, as-new, and I'd say better than advertised. Good to know my experience isn't a fluke. I've subscribed to their email distribution and hope it doesn't bankrupt me.
06-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dubyam Quote
I just picked up a DA 18-135 and an older F 100-300 from them on ebay. Hadn't heard of them prior, but glad I found them. Both lenses are, aside from minor handling marks, as-new, and I'd say better than advertised. Good to know my experience isn't a fluke. I've subscribed to their email distribution and hope it doesn't bankrupt me.
It could if you like immediate gratification. I have bought several lenses from them, both inexpensive and expensive and have been very happy with Roberts and their service.
06-20-2018, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
It could if you like immediate gratification. I have bought several lenses from them, both inexpensive and expensive and have been very happy with Roberts and their service.
This is precisely my fear. The good news is, I have a standing deal with my wife so I can only spend up to a certain amount before we have to spend it together. That deal has been a great help to our nearly 21yrs of marriage. I'll also add that when we first got married, we were so poor, the amount was $10! Now it's a bit higher, thankfully.
06-20-2018, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #11
bxf
Veteran Member

also made sure the flu card and battery was not a mistake
That's a pleasant contrast to the common attitude that every error made by a merchant must be exploited. Cheers.
06-21-2018, 12:02 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Happy to know that there still are nice sellers around (even though I will probably never buy from theme because I live elsewhere).
Good on them!
06-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
That's a pleasant contrast to the common attitude that every error made by a merchant must be exploited. Cheers.
Dito!!!!
06-21-2018, 03:28 AM - 1 Like   #14

Roberts is local for me. Good people. Now if they would cary new Pentax gear.
06-21-2018, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Never had a problem with Roberts. Have bought several used items from them and never had an issue. IMHO they are one of the few businesses out there that understands the importance of their reputation.