Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A question for benjikan

When the 645 digital comes out will you use one or do you prefer APS-FF 35 style cameras like Pentax and Canon? Medium format seems like it might be a little slow for some of your shoots. Do the editors want/need the greater quality?
thanks
barondla

02-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

645D or DSLR

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
When the 645 digital comes out will you use one or do you prefer APS-FF 35 style cameras like Pentax and Canon? Medium format seems like it might be a little slow for some of your shoots. Do the editors want/need the greater quality?
thanks
barondla
Yes I will be getting the 645D when it comes out. I will use it for the appropriate support. The K10D is fast and more intuitive than any big Mega Pixel back I have ever used. I never liked 'Blads...I hate being tied down to a tripod. I know their new stuff is more mobile, but nothing like the 645D. The 645D reminds me of a more squared DSLR. It won't be as reactive as I may like, but I more often than not shoot about one frame every 1.5 to 3 seconds. This allows me to communicate with the subject. I will use it for images that do not fill the full frame. It will be good for double page spreads and poster campaigns. If the DSLR can provide a good compromise between speed and quality, I will go for the DSLR over the MF more often. I see Pentax DSLR's eventually becoming high end devices with a FF or 1.3 cropped sensors of 16 to 24 mega-pixels. I imagine we will see this type of evolution within the next eighteen to twenty four months...We shall see what we shall see...Just a bit of intuitive speculation on my part. Pardon the indulgence..

Ben
02-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I see Pentax DSLR's eventually becoming high end devices with a FF or 1.3 cropped sensors of 16 to 24 mega-pixels. I imagine we will see this type of evolution within the next eighteen to twenty four months...We shall see what we shall see...Just a bit of intuitive speculation on my part. Pardon the indulgence..

Ben
Will this mean that the soon to be released DA* lenses selling for around $1,000 will not be compatable with the DSLR's that will come in the next 2 years?
BTW: I share your thoughts on the future of DSLR's, but my guess is yours is more of an educated opinion than mine.
Regardless, I am going to wait before I shell out $1,000 for a small sensor only lens in part because I can't afford it, anyway. And for that money I want to be using the lens 5+ years from now
02-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Did I say That?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
Will this mean that the soon to be released DA* lenses selling for around $1,000 will not be compatable with the DSLR's that will come in the next 2 years?
BTW: I share your thoughts on the future of DSLR's, but my guess is yours is more of an educated opinion than mine.
Regardless, I am going to wait before I shell out $1,000 for a small sensor only lens in part because I can't afford it, anyway. And for that money I want to be using the lens 5+ years from now
Did I say that the DA* Lenses wouldn't work with a 1.3 factor sensor?

02-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
Inactive Account

No, you didn't.